Did you mean: 

Barclays Ring Approved!

tag
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Ring Approved!

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CC365 wrote:

It can't be 1 as the card isn't meant to target the reward group. Number 2 seems a bit off as they only have 3,524 active accounts, a total of $4.9 Million in transactions and about $10.5 Million in balances. So it seems they are still being picky. The topic even came up in a discussion on the boards from what I've read by saying they should work on a new criteria. It just seems nuts but I'm glad!

Although the application does say something about no bankruptcies or derogatory information or something, multiple people with those have said they were approved. Multiple people got 5000 or more than 5000 with bad information on their repprts. The card does not seem to be advertised much, if at all. Low interest rate is not really a draw for that many people. I personally would never apply for a card with no rewards or zero interest promotions. If it is a card you will utilise, then good job and congratulations.

I believe barclays is just a strange bank. They have a very strange underwriting process in everything they do Smiley Wink I recall some getting AA for new accounts after their account and others get CLIs even with new accounts added. Some get denied with high scores and so on. I believe their "Give Back" program which is similar to a rewards program has to be more detailed. 

Message 21 of 24
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

I believe barclays is just a strange bank. They have a very strange underwriting process in everything they do Smiley Wink I recall some getting AA for new accounts after their account and others get CLIs even with new accounts added. Some get denied with high scores and so on. I believe their "Give Back" program which is similar to a rewards program has to be more detailed. 

They certainly seem to be. I have a high number of new accounts just reaching one year old, but low utlisation and perfect payment history. They deny me for new cards and credit limit increases everytime. Yet, people almost just out of bankrupcty are able to 5000+ limits with them.  I did receive an automated 900 increase, but that is it. I use the card a lot, but it is hard with only a 3400 limit.

Message 22 of 24
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CC365 wrote:

They certainly seem to be. I have a high number of new accounts just reaching one year old, but low utlisation and perfect payment history. They deny me for new cards and credit limit increases everytime. Yet, people almost just out of bankrupcty are able to 5000+ limits with them.  I did receive an automated 900 increase, but that is it. I use the card a lot, but it is hard with only a 3400 limit.

Well, after a discussion with a few people from the Barclays Forum they said I should call in and see if they can up my limit and they did. My new CL is $1,000. A major improvement and now I will sit back and tend to the garden Smiley Wink 

Edited: My mistake it was an additional $500 to a grand total of $1,000 still glad! 

Message 23 of 24
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CC365 wrote:

Well, after a discussion with a few people from the Barclays Forum they said I should call in and see if they can up my limit and they did. My new CL is $1,500. A major improvement and now I will sit back and tend to the garden Smiley Wink

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.