Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Uber VISA App Pending - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Uber VISA App Pending - Update: Approved

I applied for the Uber Visa yesterday morning and my app is still under review. Just checked the website and says the same thing. Would this be a good thing as it's not a denial yet? Should I call? I'm a little hesitant on calling, I don't like being grilled about anything LOL Here are some stats on my TU (what they pulled):

Score 745

11 inq's (2 - past 6 mos, another 2 less than a year, all others are over 1 yr)
12% utilization
AAOA - 2yrs 3mos
100% on time
NO derogatory marks
5 new accts in the past year (1 is my home I closed on in Oct '17)

Decent relationship with them; Hawaiian Airlines card since June 2016 at $6.5k. I previously had the Arrival + from 2013 but closed that and moved CL to Hawaiian Air at the end of 2016 I believe.

Thanks in Advance!

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Uber VISA App Pending...To call or not to call?

Anyone on this? It’s still pending, so I’m thinking not so good after a full 48 hours.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always call but I’d say let it be. Barclaycard is not shy about issuing instant denials and this was not one. Your score is high and you have history with them so I’d say your odds are good.

They may need verification which is weird given your current account holder status but these things have occurred before. Calling would help speed that along but it’s likely not necessary. Worse case scenario, you can recon if denied.
Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It depends on your level of patience OP.

Some folks let things ride while others literally have their phone standing by and ready to dial the moment they click submit.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The interesting thing is I’m suggesting you wait while personally I’m firmly in the “Where’s my phone, calling right now column?!”

I give decent advice that I don’t take myself. Lol.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I think I may wait it out, even though it's slightly killing me LOL  I really hate talking to a live person to explain my credit accounts.

Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I doubt that's the case where you'd have to explain all of that.

Based on the status, it likely might point to a verification instance. But, you can wait it out to confirm.
Message 7 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

LOL. 

That is understandable. At this point in the game, I really do NOT want to speak with an analyst at any lender....I just dont feel like explaining my 32 MC/Visa cards

(Yes, 32)

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 11
mysterythemoon
Regular Contributor

FWIW, I was "pending" and when I called the rep straight up told me it was an instant denial. I was kinda stunned and said, "well can I recon that?" She said sure, I heard her typing, she asked why one of my balances was so high, I told here why, and she said, "okay, I'll start you at $2,500." 

It seems like their reps are empowered to make some on the spot decisions. 

Started on July 4th, 2016 with 400's FAKO scores, no FICO, a dozen baddies and no credit of any kind.

As of March 2018, Before The Fall:
AmEx Blue Cash Everyday: $12,600
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000
Bank Of America BankAmericard: $6,000
Capital One Quicksilver One: $5,500
Citi Diamond Preferred: $5,400
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $5,100
NFCU Go Rewards MasterCard World: $5,000
Wells Fargo Propel: $3,500
Barclay's Uber Visa: $2,500
AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest: $2,000
Citi Double Cash: $1,500
AmEx Hilton Honors: $1,000
Discover It: $600
Capital One Platinum: $500

TOTAL 2018 CREDIT LINE: $61,200

JUNE 2023 UPDATE
2020: COVID toppled me. All old accounts went into default. Business lost. Car repossessed.
2021: Cap1 let me back in (one secured/two not). Secured Mission Lane. AU on AMEX Gold, Citi Premier and Chase Sapphire. Car loan approved without cosigner for $20,000. All current.
Currently: No lawsuits. Thinking most SOL have expired on CC debt. Fingers crossed my math and memory are correct.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Mission Lane Secured: $3,400 (SL $400 -- unasked for CLI)
Capital One Secured: $300
Capital One QS1: $300
Capital One Savor: $1,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000 (AU)
AMEX Gold: No Preset Limit (AU)
Citi Premier: $8,500 (AU)

SPRING 2026
ALL BADDIES DROP
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like 56 hours was my wait limit lol  I was still way nervous to call so I decided to practice by calling Macy's Amex to recon my SL from 1k to 5k. I was still nervous and I was already approved! LOL  But i was successful!  So it got me thinking about my Uber app. I decided to call on the way home.  I called the recon line and he immediately said he needed to transfer me.  I became hopeful it was just a security thing since he was transfering me...I mean, he would be the one I go over my credit report with right?  Boom!  Answered 3 isanely easy questions and she said "I went ahead and I approved your application, you should be getting your welcome kit in 7-10 days...etc etc"  So not hearing the CL, I asked her "Do you know what the CL is by chance?"  And she says 9K!!!! 

@4theLoveofPoints and @Finstar...you guys were right!  Just verificatiton holding it up.

@fltireguy  I feel you!  I didn't want to have to explain my 27 cc's either.  And now this makes 28!  I do plan on cutting some cards so it should take me down to 23-24.

Thank you all for your input.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.