Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays' limit combination..

tag
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Barclays' limit combination..

Okay, don't ask me why... I was on apple.com and was looking at the new iphone 6 and for some unknown reason, I decided that I want one and clicked Pre-Order. After that, tt takes me to a page that I can apply for Apple financing, 24 months interest free; very attractive. So, I go ahead and apply, instant approval from Barclays for 2k limit. I am currently holding the Arrival + WEMC with 3k limit. Do you guys think it's possible to take the whole 2k from the Apple Visa and transfer to the Arrival+ ? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays' limit combination..

congrats

Message 2 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Prob not the entire amount if you intend to keep both open

May have to leave $500 on it

Message 3 of 11
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

I have no intention of keeping the card open unless .. I buy the iPhone 6. I cancelled my order on apple.com because the only unlocked iPhone have they is from tmobile and I have att. So they're okay with transferring the limit from my apple visa to the arrival + if I requested it?
Message 4 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I don't have personal experience. From what I've read they should be. I'd do it via phone call if you do.

Message 5 of 11
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

I got a flat NO last night when I called to consolidate my credit limits. She asked me to cancel on to transfer limit from one card to another.
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 6 of 11
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

If you call the backdoor number, and talk to a credit analyst, (8am - 5pm EST M-F) they will move your credit from one line to another.I moved my whole CL from Barclay Rewards to my Sallie Mae card, and closed the Barclay Rewards Card. It shows on my report as that card closed at $500, but they moved the entire balance to my new card.  If you want to keep the Apple Card open, you can move $1500 to another card, and leave $500.

Message 7 of 11
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Alrighty thank you guys !
Message 8 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Helpful Info for you.

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.