Barclays recon success

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays recon success

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured I would update this thread, not to scare anyone. I just recieved a letter today, my account was decreased to $1000 credit limit for too many inquiries, this after being approved for $2000. Nothing has happened in a negative manor with this account or any other. Just as a side note, they pulled TU

That's enough for me right there to stop!

if they keep pulling TU with me il b ok,, if they look at EX im going to get a spankingSmiley Surprised

If you app before 5/1 you will get spanked.

Message 31 of 63
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured I would update this thread, not to scare anyone. I just recieved a letter today, my account was decreased to $1000 credit limit for too many inquiries, this after being approved for $2000. Nothing has happened in a negative manor with this account or any other. Just as a side note, they pulled TU

if they keep pulling TU with me il b ok,, if they look at EX im going to get a spankingSmiley Surprised

i have to wait or close the blue account,,, im to close to 61 days to close,, il play it out and see how it goes

Message 32 of 63
CS800
Super Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i have to wait or close the blue account,,, im to close to 61 days to close,, il play it out and see how it goes

Go for the CLI, who knows you might be surprised what you get.

Message 33 of 63
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i know right,,, 3x's

Message 34 of 63
CS800
Super Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i know right,,, 3x's

Do you know what percentage approximately get the full 3X versus 2X or nothing?

Message 35 of 63
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi fixin_it,

Did you apply for more credit cards after you applied for Barclays?  I'm just curious if the inquiries were before or after.  If they are before, surely Barclay should have seen them before extending credit.  I had 4 before I was approved so I'm wondering if I'll be receiving this same letter.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you soooo much! To all those on this forum who posted about Baclays and recon. I applied online got denied, called the credit analysis after. He was very nice, verified my employment and mention I had been doing a good job of rebuilding my credit with my rebuilder cards, Household, Amex etc. Did ask what happened with an old chase charge off (basically told him I was young and foolish and really trying to rebuild a solid credit history and heard they were a great bank for that).

Got approved for $2500 will be in the mail in the next +10-15 business days

Finally getting away from those terrible low limit starter cards which don't grow with you.

Thanks again everyone!

Message 37 of 63
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you soooo much! To all those on this forum who posted about Baclays and recon. I applied online got denied, called the credit analysis after. He was very nice, verified my employment and mention I had been doing a good job of rebuilding my credit with my rebuilder cards, Household, Amex etc. Did ask what happened with an old chase charge off (basically told him I was young and foolish and really trying to rebuild a solid credit history and heard they were a great bank for that).

Got approved for $2500 will be in the mail in the next +10-15 business days

Finally getting away from those terrible low limit starter cards which don't grow with you.

Thanks again everyone!

Congrats !!

Man thats a great CL !

Message 38 of 63
logan_720
Established Contributor

Hey guys, I know this thread is somewhat old, but I am going to attempt to revive it for a second to ask for some advice...

Tonight I applied for the Apple card since I am going to need to replace my current computer, or possibly just get a second, I was thinking like a MacBook. So I wernt ahead and applied for the Apple Finance card through Barclay...sure enough I was denied for the following reasons:

• High number of recent inquiries - this is true, within the last 6-8 months or so.
  • Insufficient credit history - I have over a year
  • Recently opened account - I have one recently opened account, I opened to replace a rebuilder.

Is it worth a recon? I haven't had succesful recon attempts in the passed and wonder if it's even worth the call.

Message 39 of 63
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

Hey guys, I know this thread is somewhat old, but I am going to attempt to revive it for a second to ask for some advice...

Tonight I applied for the Apple card since I am going to need to replace my current computer, or possibly just get a second, I was thinking like a MacBook. So I wernt ahead and applied for the Apple Finance card through Barclay...sure enough I was denied for the following reasons:

• High number of recent inquiries - this is true, within the last 6-8 months or so.
  • Insufficient credit history - I have over a year
  • Recently opened account - I have one recently opened account, I opened to replace a rebuilder.

Is it worth a recon? I haven't had succesful recon attempts in the passed and wonder if it's even worth the call.

Well you've already taken the hit so you might as well give it a go.  Doesn't hurt to try.  My advice would be if you decide to call, be nice and honest with whomever you speak with.  This can make a difference regardless of your situation.  Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.