cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barlcays mastercard + Capital one credit limit increase, thank you to everyone who posts

tag
HobNob
Established Member

Barlcays mastercard + Capital one credit limit increase, thank you to everyone who posts

I do not post very often...but i read other posts almost everynight. 

Started out in late july with a credit score of 639 Exquifax ( no lates, 1 paid state tax lien from feb. 2012 that didnt report satisfied until feb. of 2013). Paid off my balance on my only credit card Sears Citi Mastercard (920 limit).  ( 3 year old card loan and 500$ line of credit all pays as agrees were my only other trade lines). 

So I applied for a capital one platinum card fearing rejection on any other cards. Recived card with 500$ credit limit, my score climed slowly to a 651 by early sept. but seemed not to budge after that. Early this month (Oct. 13) i was able to PC to a quicksilver one card from my platinum which allowed me the rewards without the AF of 39$, 2 weeks ago i asked for a credit limit increase over the phone and hit the luv button and got no where (didnt want to wait for the credit steps to move me up to a 750$ limit. So i emailed the EO. 

In the meantime i decided to apply for a barclays mastercard since they favor TU and no other financial institutions in my area (South Carolina) seem to ever check it. To my suprise i got approved for 1500$ I was very happy. 

Yesterday I recieved my call from the capital one EO. She asked some basic questions. I was told they would manually review my account and do a softpull. I was informed that they would be back in touch with me soon. I have used the card alot and PIF each month since I recieved the card. Asked for 2500$ limited expecting counter offer.

Today I recived another call from the EO (very quick) I was informed my requested had been granted but for 1500$, I accepted. Smiley Happy 

Since july 22nd 2013 I have gone from 1420$ in avaible revolving credit to 4420$ . I could not be more please, I learn more from this community each day. 

A BIG! Thanks to everyone on this fourm for all of your combined knowledge and experiance.

P.S. forgive the horrible spelling, im sure there is plenty, but it is late and i have an eye infection which makes reading the text a little bit difficult.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Re: Barlcays mastercard + Capital one credit limit increase, thank you to everyone who posts

I was in the same spot as you about a year and a half ago. after reading and following advice from some of the posts here my scores are now in the mid 700`s and up. i now get instant approvals at 8 k plus and so on. i too thank everybody for taking the time to share thier advice and experences.

Message 2 of 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Barlcays mastercard + Capital one credit limit increase, thank you to everyone who posts

Thanks for sharing Congrats! 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.