Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Because I'm sort of a Wild Man

tag
PoorPeatree
Valued Member

Because I'm sort of a Wild Man

After getting approval for my NFCU and USAA credit cards in early September, which increased my CL from 8.5k to 28.5k, I got some CC offers from my primary bank and my retirement bank this week. In the middle of considering which offers might interest me, I decided to check and see what AMEX offered, cold call style.

They gave me a pre-approval for an AMEX PRG with 50k bonus points after $1000 spent, and I couldn't be happier! I just got my first AMEX! 

I'd like to mention again that the info and support I've received while on the myFICO forum has been the driver of a lot of positive financial change (including a new house and almost 100 points better credit rating) and i'm extremely grateful. Thank you everyone Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Because I'm sort of a Wild Man

That's a great offer. I took them up on that this March. That same day I was also approved for BCE. One pull for both. Welcome to AMEX!

Message 2 of 4
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Nice. I just got my first AMEX also in PRG a couple weeks ago. Same PTS and Spend. It's not exactly what I had expected (site layout and lack of limit $ info) and I don't know anything about spend limits (I just havn't hit the button yet). All I know is that I used it today to buy a fridge and it wasnt declined.... Smiley Very Happy

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 3 of 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@CramEiko wrote:

All I know is that I used it today to buy a fridge and it wasnt declined.... Smiley Very Happy

Thats always a good sign Smiley Happy

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.