cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of having chase bank account with freedom?

tag
lonno925
Established Member

Benefits of having chase bank account with freedom?

Ok so I understand one of the best combos of cards is chase freedom and chase sapphire preferred. And I know that the 10 point bonus per purchase on the freedom when having the chase bank card made it even better but I see they no longer do that. So is there any point in the bank account anymore? I am looking to get my freedom card this week and wanted to know if i should get bank account to. (I'll get chase sapphire in a few months when I create a relationship.
AE store-3600 | Local Bank-5000 | BofA Travel-7000 | Discover IT- 8000 |Chase Freedom-3000 | Chase Slate - 1000 | Amex Blue Cash - 2000
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Benefits of having chase bank account with freedom?

You get 10% bonus points on your freedom if you link it to a checking account.

Also, if you can maintain an average daily balance of 10k or more, that can help you as well with your approval odds.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

You no longer get the 10% 

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 3 of 14
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

WHen? WHY? Last time I chatted with Chase people they still comfirmed the 10% ( only about one month ago).

Message 4 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

nope. you still get it.

Per chase website:

Chase Exclusives® Bonus 
You will earn an additional 10% Bonus on all new points earned with your Chase Freedom card during billing cycles within the previous Year when you, as the primary cardmember, were the sole or joint owner of an open Chase checking account. Your 10% Bonus is calculated after your billing cycle with a December closing date ("Year" means the twelve billing cycle period beginning the day after your billing cycle with a December closing date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of the next year.) Your Chase checking account must be open, and your Chase Freedom card account must be open and not in default, at the end of the Year. Your 10% Bonus points will appear on your January or February billing statement. You will not earn the 10% Bonus on new account bonus points, previous 10% Bonus points awarded, or points transferred into your account. You will earn on other bonus offers, including the quarterly 5% cash back program. Bonus offer void where prohibited by law.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/learnmore

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 14
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@darkfrosty wrote:

nope. you still get it.

Per chase website:

Chase Exclusives® Bonus 
You will earn an additional 10% Bonus on all new points earned with your Chase Freedom card during billing cycles within the previous Year when you, as the primary cardmember, were the sole or joint owner of an open Chase checking account. Your 10% Bonus is calculated after your billing cycle with a December closing date ("Year" means the twelve billing cycle period beginning the day after your billing cycle with a December closing date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of the next year.) Your Chase checking account must be open, and your Chase Freedom card account must be open and not in default, at the end of the Year. Your 10% Bonus points will appear on your January or February billing statement. You will not earn the 10% Bonus on new account bonus points, previous 10% Bonus points awarded, or points transferred into your account. You will earn on other bonus offers, including the quarterly 5% cash back program. Bonus offer void where prohibited by law.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/learnmore

I wasn't even aware of the 10% I had for my Freedom. I have a checkings account with them so this will be a nice bonus at the end of the year. 

Message 6 of 14
Built2last
New Contributor

Another added benefit is all Chase accounts show up on one page for online banking: checking, savings, and any Chase CC. Payments can be processed immediately as you are basically transferring funds between accounts. Very convenient if Chase is your everyday or main CC.
 photo chase-freedom-personal_zps7d0f91f4.png">
Message 7 of 14
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

hmm really cuz I have had a freedom for over a year and a chase checking over 2 years and I have never gotten this bonus and even when I called chase and asked them they said no the only bonus i get is 7% yearly with CSP

Message 8 of 14
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

never mind just called .. they said my bonus points should post next statement for the partial year last year since I got the card in march
Message 9 of 14
Stralem
Established Contributor

Yep, that year end 10% bonus came as a surprise to me as well because I too had assumed it was nerfed.

I got a nice 4-digit UR point haul thanks to my holiday spend. Smiley Happy

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.