Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC result

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy CC result

Hey there!

I figured I'd go ahead and take the plunge on applying for the Best Buy card.  Since my computer really is in bad shape and it would be nice to have a washer/dryer, it seemed like the logical thing to do.  And after all the advice on here letting me know that Best Buy was wrong and there would be an HP on my report, I sucked it up and did it.

I'm happy to say that Citi bank still likes me.  They approved me with a $3000.00 SL.  That's only $100 less than my DC card with them.  The nice thing is that I have a wonderful 18 month / 0% APR to pay off what I put on there.  (I actually paid for the washer/dryer with another card so I could get some rewards and let the computer go on the new card.)  I'm in hopes of paying that off pretty quickly and eliminating that balance.

My stats are current in my signature.  They actually did the HP from Experian and I'm in Virginia.  Experian shot me an email letting me know of the inquiry, which actually came through as an installment loan inquiry.  

Of course, I had the choice between the store card or the Visa, neither with an annual fee.  When talking with the storeperson, she noted that the majority of people she's seen approved opt for the store card rather than the Visa and it baffled her.  Personally, I'd rather have the Visa since there aren't any restrictions to where it can be used.  

I'm sure that this will go in my drawer for minimal, if any, use.  But hey, that 18 month same as cash is pretty awesome!  And now my total CLs sum up to $29,500.  I think it's time to go garden for a while.  There go my Discover dreams for a while!

Thanks everyone for clearing up the incorrect information from Best Buy yesterday!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy CC result

Congrats!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice congrats

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I was going to say that aside from the initial18 month promo, they often run 0% for 6-12 months all the time. 

So buying appliances can be manageable with that card. Thohgh with that SL, you'd only be able to get the laptop.

P.S. You can always request CLI in two months though. I got one on my Diamond Preferred. 

Message 6 of 7
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

I was going to say that aside from the initial18 month promo, they often run 0% for 6-12 months all the time. 

So buying appliances can be manageable with that card. Thohgh with that SL, you'd only be able to get the laptop.

P.S. You can always request CLI in two months though. I got one on my Diamond Preferred. 

I had the money to buy the appliances outright, so I got them to ring the ticket up together, put the appliances on another card to get the cash back (which I'll pay off instantly), and then put the computer on the Best Buy card.  It allowed me to get a nicer one with some little bonuses like an upgraded keyboard and mouse, should I not like what comes with the system.  :-)

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.