Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy/Cap One CLI

tag
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Best Buy/Cap One CLI

I've had the card for almost 3 years (store card), never late and have been stuck at the $500 limit since opening, and decided to give a CLI a go...no dice. My question is, should I call for a recon or should I wait for the letter? If so, does anyone have the number I should call?

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy/Cap One CLI

if you recon it will probably be a hard pull. 

you could have gotten the plan b card as well where the limit can never be raised higher then 1k. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 8
Braydon
New Contributor

Don't waste a hard pull with them. I have had the BB card for over a year with good payment history and have been stuck at $300.00 the entire time. I went into Best Buy this weekend hoping to pick up a laptop and while I was there i thought I would give them another shot at a CLI. The lady at CS called and I once again was turned down. I told the CS rep on the phone to close my account. I put the laptop on my BCE and walked out. Why is it I can get a CLI with Discover or Citi no problem but not a dime more on this card ever?

TU FICO 706 EQ FICO 701 EX FAKO 714

Message 4 of 8
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm not willing to risk the hard pull. Braydon, glad it's not just me, 3 years with perfect history and nothing to show for it...May just cancel and move on as well
NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Message 5 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That is what I find so strange. I have had the opposite experience. I have had the store card for about five years. Twice, once a while back and once this year, I requested an increase online and got them each time. Both times they were a SP.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i myself have had no problems. 

ive gotten one auto cli from 2k to 2500 but thats it

was denied via soft pull in july

it is my first card ever due to being joint with my mom. 

i was denied according to the letter because of my mom lol. 

she has a bk from 2004. 

and a medical collection that weve been working to get removed. 

they even did not balance chase the card when we left 2.3k charged for about a year. (0% deal) its paid off now though. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 8
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

As an update, I received the letter on Monday as to why I couldn't get an increase. "Account less than 6 months old or, revolving accounts are younger than 6 months old"

Looks like I'll have to wait and try again in Feb, no big deal!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.