cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Citi Approved! QUESTIONS THOUGH!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Citi Approved! QUESTIONS THOUGH!

I would think you could recon the limit asap.  I just got an HD card with a 600.00 limit and reconned right away and got 15k sl.  Also got a TYP card with a 4.8k limit and left that one alone for now.  Will try on that one in 6 months.  Citi is a good bank.  A little strict, but I like them.  Call them and tell us what they said.  It's the only way to get out of that 500.00 limit.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 21
lsutigers
Contributor

My best buy visa is stuck at 2100. All my other citi cards exceed this limit by 3X.....unlike other citi cards you dont have an option for a SP cli via website every 6 months. I sent a secure message this morning about raising the CL bc im wanting to purchase appliances they told me rhat the computer determines whether itll be a sp or hp. I guess ill be using a different card for the purchase
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try and recon but I think it will be another HP. My Best buy Citi was stuck at $300 for about 2 years, I asked for CLI about 6 months ago but denied and wasted a HP. I asked again about a month ago and got approved to $3,000 limit. Another HP but well worth it from $300 to $3,000 Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I have had this card for like 4 years. Started out with a $300 credit line that I couldn't get a credit line increase on to save my life. Last year I tried again and they gave me a $3000 increase to $3300 and the other day I went ahead and pulled the trigger on another credit line increase and they gave me a $5000 increase to $8300. So I know they do grow but the grow very very slow. The only reason I keep it is because that 18 months interest free financing comes in handy.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 15 of 21
smoop88
Regular Contributor

I agree! I have had the card for 5 months but I can pretty much assure you that a credit limit increase on this card will be tough for whatever reason. When Citi bank took over the Macys card I had to close it because I had it for over a year and not only did I not get a credit limit increase they wanted to HP every time I requested one. I got fed up with it. I am thinking about closing my Best Buy as well.

Message 16 of 21
Mellon
Established Contributor

@smoop88 wrote:

I agree! I have had the card for 5 months but I can pretty much assure you that a credit limit increase on this card will be tough for whatever reason. When Citi bank took over the Macys card I had to close it because I had it for over a year and not only did I not get a credit limit increase they wanted to HP every time I requested one. I got fed up with it. I am thinking about closing my Best Buy as well.

When did this happen?

Message 17 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Concur with others.. Tried to do a CLI other day with all CRA on ice as didn't want a HP as it wasn't worth it and was hoping for a SP CLI..  They called me and wanted me to thaw my EQ CR, I said that just isn't going to happen when my average CL is 15kish.  I told them that I am thinking about closing it if they didn't give me a SP CLI as it would mess up my utilization if I was to by a new 4k tv, the CSR or whatever understood and notated my account.  Although what he notated probably won't equal anything, but Irefuse to take a HP for a CLI on this card.  It is a good card if you have a high limit otherwise it is kinda worthless as it can kill your utilization.

Message 18 of 21
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Well since this card is from citi CLI is HP plus is not directly to citi group is more like a division so the relationship with this card will not help you more just like you have another card from different bank . I have this card since was a capital one bank card now is no anual fee and i stared at 500 now is 9 k i think the best and only thing good about this card is the best buy promotion also have you 2% on gas so not good anyway
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 19 of 21
lsutigers
Contributor

I agree juniornj23. Ive had it since it was capital one as well. I was hoping after citi took it over it would grow more without HP. My citi double cash, citi thank you and diamond have and continue to grow without HP via luv button on website.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.