cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Plan B Store Card CLI $750 ---> $8000!

tag
omskillet
Regular Contributor

Best Buy Plan B Store Card CLI $750 ---> $8000!

Good Morning All,

I was pretty surprised this morning to fnd out my Best Buy card had been transfered to Citibank. I've been pretty out of touch with the credit world lately. I registered and figured I'd try to see if the horrible plan b gets no CLI's nonsense had been discontinued. I went in on a CLI request online and got the 7-10 day message. Boo! 

So I started calling numbers and getting transfered until I hit the credit analyst desk. They processed the CLI immediately and pulled TU. Approved for 8k! Incredible. 10x increase! Well worth the HP. 

TU is pretty clean...only a few 60/90/180's left from my old student loan tradelines from 08. Amazingly those used to weigh me down so much. Double amazing how much time and patience is the best cure for credit baddies. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy Plan B Store Card CLI $750 ---> $8000!

Wow, That is amazing indeed, Congratz!

Message 2 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Proves ya just gotta talk to the right person!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 20
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@omskillet wrote:

Good Morning All,

I was pretty surprised this morning to fnd out my Best Buy card had been transfered to Citibank. I've been pretty out of touch with the credit world lately. I registered and figured I'd try to see if the horrible plan b gets no CLI's nonsense had been discontinued. I went in on a CLI request online and got the 7-10 day message. Boo! 

So I started calling numbers and getting transfered until I hit the credit analyst desk. They processed the CLI immediately and pulled TU. Approved for 8k! Incredible. 10x increase! Well worth the HP. 

TU is pretty clean...only a few 60/90/180's left from my old student loan tradelines from 08. Amazingly those used to weigh me down so much. Double amazing how much time and patience is the best cure for credit baddies. 

Congrats !

It just made my day reading such positive news of gratitude & patience, as it often seems an eternity before daylight comes.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 4 of 20
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@omskillet wrote:

Good Morning All,

Impressive! I wish Citi were to give that much love on my BBRZMC. If the day ever comes to recon for that amount, I can pitch to them my annual spending at Best Buy. Especially now that the new Reward Zone Elite Plus requires $3.5K of spending at Best Buy in a year.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 20
missjae
Established Contributor

That is an amazing CLI! Nice work and congrats!!
Message 6 of 20
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

Yes same here posted a few days ago I got a pending review message online the next day I was bumped from 1940 too 8000 on a plan b card

Message 7 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! It's nice CL.

Ron.

Message 8 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

That is wonderfulSmiley Surprised

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 20
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Woah, what an increase!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.