Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card EFFIN!!! approved

tag
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

Best Buy Store Card EFFIN!!! approved

I recently applied for the Barclays Apple Card because i wanted the new Imac. So i applied and got denied due to to many app inquiries. So i went to best buy today.... on my birthday and said What the hell.... let me try it out.... 4/17/13 cuz i think its midnight already in some places.

I heard so many stories of Type A, B accounts of some sort some will get approved for 300 some for 500 and will never get CLI. So i was hesitant, but i felt lucky... since ive been wanting that computer i had the guts to apply today on my Bday. After having the girl working at the computer startion convince me to appl so i did. I prayed and prayed and said let this be my bday gift.... after a minute  INstantly Approved for 2k holy moly.... and i thought i was gonna get denied... because of the Barcley Card. I also thought that if i got approved, It would be for 250-500 not 2k... im stoked and super happy. I have recently been succesful because of all the wonderful ideas and stories i get off here.

Thanks guys!! hopefully i can stay in the garden... my next goal is auto loan.

Btw my credit scores are all across the board TU 675 , Ex 675 and EQ 672

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card EFFIN!!! approved

@omgitsphilly wrote:

I recently applied for the Barclays Apple Card because i wanted the new Imac. So i applied and got denied due to to many app inquiries. So i went to best buy today.... on my birthday and said What the hell.... let me try it out.... 4/17/13 cuz i think its midnight already in some places.

I heard so many stories of Type A, B accounts of some sort some will get approved for 300 some for 500 and will never get CLI. So i was hesitant, but i felt lucky... since ive been wanting that computer i had the guts to apply today on my Bday. After having the girl working at the computer startion convince me to appl so i did. I prayed and prayed and said let this be my bday gift.... after a minute  INstantly Approved for 2k holy moly.... and i thought i was gonna get denied... because of the Barcley Card. I also thought that if i got approved, It would be for 250-500 not 2k... im stoked and super happy. I have recently been succesful because of all the wonderful ideas and stories i get off here.

Thanks guys!! hopefully i can stay in the garden... my next goal is auto loan.

Btw my credit scores are all across the board TU 675 , Ex 675 and EQ 672

Congrats!!! and nice Bday gift!! For some time i was hot for the BB store card. Tried twice in the past and got denied both times (last time i applied was Oct 2012 and got denied for inquiries). The desire for the card has decreased lately but maybe one day i will be able to get approved.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 34
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 34
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Happy B day...Congrats!!

*8/10/13
Message 5 of 34
annebythesea
New Contributor

That is awesome. Great starting limit. Happy birthday to you!!!

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 6 of 34
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

WOW thats nice!! You most likely got the plan A acct. Congrats!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 34
sonson
Regular Contributor

Wow congrats great bday gift

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Cap1 gave you a nice present!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 34
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Great news and happy birthday!   

Capital One has been more generous on the BB MC lately.  I have received two CLI's.  Started with $300, then to $600 and now at $900.  I guess it's because they are selling the accounts to Citibank this summer?  

Anyway, congratulations!    

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.