Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Comenity CLI... the hard way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big Comenity CLI... the hard way

My very first card was Comenity's Wayfair. I had nothing on my credit other than three released tax liens and was shocked when my wife told me she applied for me and it approved it. That started my credit adventures and brought me here. Good times.

The card is very useful to us and I've used it every month, but the luv button never works. Robolady never works. My newer Comenity cards have all gone up but my Wayfair has been stuck at $500. Every week or so I receive a rejection letter telling me my account is too new.

On a whim (a dangerous word to use when dealing with credit), I figured I'd try to force the issue. I've been eyeing a $599 espresso machine that's been sitting in my wishlist for months. I figured I'd give it a shot and try to buy it over the limit. Then, I got this weird notion that if I'm going to go for it, I might as well go all the way. Moved a $999 smoker from the wishlist as well, bringing my cart to $1600+ after taxes.

Sweated for a bit.

Second guessed myself.

Fear of rejection kicked in.

Pushed the order button anyway.

"Your order has been received."

Waited for an email telling me that they'd made a mistake and had to cancel the order. Nothing came. Waited a little longer for a CLI email. Nothing came. Went to Comenity's Wayfair portal.

$3000 limit.

-------

Data points:

No FICO yet. FAKO 580ish with so many new accounts and AAoA of 2 months.

10 accounts (8 reporting at this time). CapOne $300, CreditOne $300 and another $300 AU, Alaska Air Signature Visa $1500 (not reporting yet), Fingerhut $800, and 3 other Comenity cards at $500, $1500, and $1800. $550 installment loan not showing yet.

8 EX inquires, 4 on TU and EQ.

No collections or lates.

3 tax liens released 2015.

Utilization 16%

Good income.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ulyssesmama
Contributor

Re: Big Comenity CLI... the hard way

Wow! Great increase! I wonder if that another kind of shopping cart trick? Congrats!

Message 2 of 6
padme
Established Contributor

Better be careful here, why comenity gives, they usually take away. Wait for some stuff to report and always check those prequalify sites. Congrats though. I always get the 200 to 300 monthly myself still from 2500 to 6k on 2 of these.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting I was approved with 1200limit a year-and-a-half ago but all my other accounts get increases. Wayfair has never budged. Maybe I should try to buy something huge, they do have deferred financing. The easiest way of Spring cleaning is to throw a bunch of crap out and buy stuff, right? LoL
Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fordguy, could you imagine that as Comenity's new slogan:

"Throw a bunch of Crap out and Buy Stuff.....we'll even help you finance it ( insert in small letters, Barring you do not have more than 1 Inquiry in the time it takes to mail your card , wink wink ) Lol, Nail meet HammerSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm pretty confident I am not the only one in the more upscale Suburbs in California every 10 houses has an unripped couch outside day before trash collection

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.