Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Approved

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Blispay Approved

@Anonymous wrote:
How sensitive are they to average age and new accounts? I have four credit cards total, and two of them are very recent. No derogatory info. Not sure about my score, hasn't updated with Amex in over a month.

I'm not quite certain about that... my AAoA is around 5 years (until the new accounts from this week start reporting, that is) so I don't personally have any data points for that.  I do know that the credit line seems to be heavily driven by your EX score since they don't ask for income when you apply.  Smiley Wink

I'm sorry I don't have more useful information for you.  Smiley Sad

(I feel your pain on the Amex score update... I'm waiting for mine to update as well.)

Message 51 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, UncleB! Nice SL! Smiley Very Happy

Message 52 of 73
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

It's the card that everybody loves to hate, but I love mine!

Message 53 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations UncleB on a job well done!! I was approved for the same SL. I plan to use it for our car insurance every 6 months. It will save the DH and I $24 a year plus the 2% cash back. It's a win-win for us.

Again, congratsSmiley Happy!!

Message 54 of 73
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats to you, UncleB! Nice SL! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks so much!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 55 of 73
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@wacdenney wrote:

Congrats!!

It's the card that everybody loves to hate, but I love mine!

+1

You're exactly right, this particular product is quite polarizing around here - folks either love it or hate it - but I think it suits my purposes well.  Smiley Wink

Thanks again!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 56 of 73
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

Congratulations UncleB on a job well done!! I was approved for the same SL. I plan to use it for our car insurance every 6 months. It will save the DH and I $24 a year plus the 2% cash back. It's a win-win for us.

Thank you so much!

Great minds think alike... I was just thinking of doing the exact same thing!  There's no longer a need to pay State Farm a fee each month for their monthly 'payment plan'.

What's not to love, right?  Smiley LOL

Message 57 of 73
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Thank you so much!

Great minds think alike... I was just thinking of doing the exact same thing!  There's no longer a need to pay State Farm a fee each month for their monthly 'payment plan'.

I know I'm late but congrats. I was like many others ... I didn't need another card, I had 4 Cards that fit my life perfectly - Everyday Card (QS), Auto Bill Pay Card (2nd QS), Big Ticket Item Card / Static Low Interest (PNC), Amazon (Amazon Visa). Everything else was SD'd and serves as UTL buffer when I need to carry a balance on my "Big Ticket Items Card" ... I even stopped coming here a lot because its nothing but temptaion, I was satisfied with my 4 cards and damn it was going to Garden ... I can't help but to check in here every now and again, even if I know I'm not apping for anything. This is how I found BP, all this talk of a card that works exactly like BML (which I still have but don't use) but with 2% (Not a sellign point for me)  and it was a Visa, so it would be much more flexible than BML.  My radar went off, this has the potential to be a very unique card, that no other offer around like it. 

I saw that the SL were coming in pretty low, I had to think was I going to get something I could work with. I played around with this for about 3 days before jumping in and getting the 7.5k SL.. Which if its a HTL like we all suspect it is ... 7.5 is plenty of room for me. 

With 6 months Financing and Possibility of a HTL ... BlisPay has replaced PNC as my "Big Ticket Items" card ....

I have no interest in using it as an Everyday Card, but still even getting 2% off the Financing Purchases is Icing. I made my first big purch of 2 LG curved screen 4K' TVs ... cost $1600 big ones with 33$ Cash Bakc and 6 months 0% to pay them off, with "possibility" no ding to my UTL....

I Love It ..... No Question in my book, the BEST "Big Ticket / Balance Carrier" Card on the Market.   This is a Christmas gift from the Credit Card Gods. 

Boy, Blispay sure does make all those other static low interest rate cards, that want high 700 scores to get approved for, seem obsolete.  

Message 58 of 73
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Thank you so much!

I know I'm late but congrats. I was like many others ... I didn't need another card, I had 4 Cards that fit my life perfectly - Everyday Card (QS), Auto Bill Pay Card (2nd QS), Big Ticket Item Card / Static Low Interest (PNC), Amazon (Amazon Visa). Everything else was SD'd and serves as UTL buffer when I need to carry a balance on my "Big Ticket Items Card" ... I even stopped coming here a lot because its nothing but temptaion, I was satisfied with my 4 cards and damn it was going to Garden ... I can't help but to check in here every now and again, even if I know I'm not apping for anything. This is how I found BP, all this talk of a card that works exactly like BML (which I still have but don't use) but with 2% (Not a sellign point for me)  and it was a Visa, so it would be much more flexible than BML.  My radar went off, this has the potential to be a very unique card, that no other offer around like it. 

I saw that the SL were coming in pretty low, I had to think was I going to get something I could work with. I played around with this for about 3 days before jumping in and getting the 7.5k SL.. Which if its a HTL like we all suspect it is ... 7.5 is plenty of room for me. 

With 6 months Financing and Possibility of a HTL ... BlisPay has replaced PNC as my "Big Ticket Items" card ....

I have no interest in using it as an Everyday Card, but still even getting 2% off the Financing Purchases is Icing. I made my first big purch of 2 LG curved screen 4K' TVs ... cost $1600 big ones with 33$ Cash Bakc and 6 months 0% to pay them off, with "possibility" no ding to my UTL....

I Love It ..... No Question in my book, the BEST "Big Ticket / Balance Carrier" Card on the Market.   This is a Christmas gift from the Credit Card Gods. 

Boy, Blispay sure does make all those other static low interest rate cards, that want high 700 scores to get approved for, seem obsolete.  

Thanks so much!  Smiley Very Happy

FWIW, you're not late... the party is always going on in here!  dance.gif

I couldn't agree with you more on every point you make... I actually hesitated on this one because I figured there was something I was missing... it couldn't really be 'all that', could it?  After doing research both on this site and elsewhere I honestly can't find a 'problem' with this card... like you say, it does seem like a 'gift', indeed.  Smiley Wink

Like you, I also plan to only use this for purchases over $199 to keep things simple (I think it could get complicated when a promo purchase is winding down if you have non-promo purchases mixed in).  As time goes on I might mix it up a bit, but for now I'm happy thinking of it as being for large-ish purchases.

To me the best part is having promo financing that is separate from any store... no more depending on PLCC cards for short-term 0% specials (and 2% cash back even when the promo is used!)

Message 59 of 73
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just paid 1k of IRS taxes on blispay last night.. Time to see how the 6 months works.. Granted I will be paying off 700 right when it posts so only carrying 300 for several months(just for gigles to see how it works)..  If it is hidden will let it ride 5 months otherwise be paid off once it reports.

Message 60 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.