Reply
Regular Contributor
jakemod1
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎01-26-2013
0

BoA PC and CLI

Success!!! Just called the credit analyst backdoor number to request a PC and CLI. Currently have the Gold Visa WorldPoints and PC'ed to the Bank Americard Cash Rewards, no questions asked. Plus, got an increase of $1,500 from $1,000 to $2,500! I requested for $6,000 to match my Discover, but since it hasn't reported yet, they couldn't give me that amount. I believe I could've gotten more if I waited a few more months, but I couldn't resist the itch! I asked if it was a SP or HP...unfortunately he said it was a HP :smileysad: But at least I didn't leave empty-handed.

 

Thank you for this great forum! I would've not known this was possible if it weren't for the extensive research I did on here. Now I'm just waiting for Cap1's response...

Discover IT: $14,5k | Chase Freedom Visa Sig: $5k | CSP Visa Sig: $7k | AMEX BCE: $20k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig: $5,4k | Citi Double Cash: $3,6k | Cap1 QS Visa Sig: $6k | Chevron: $3,5k | Macy's Store: $4,2k; Macy's AMEX: $6k | Kohl's: $2k | Best Buy: $500
TU FICO: 745 EQ FICO: 733 EX FICO: 733 (As of 10/30/14)

Established Contributor
rtw
Posts: 797
Registered: ‎05-01-2012
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI

Congrats!


Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Regular Contributor
jakemod1
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎01-26-2013
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI

^^^Thank you!

 

I forgot to ask the CA...since I PC'ed, will the age of my account transfer to this one? I opened it back in 6/2007 and I don't want to lose that history. Also, what is your recommended time to request for the next CLI?

Discover IT: $14,5k | Chase Freedom Visa Sig: $5k | CSP Visa Sig: $7k | AMEX BCE: $20k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig: $5,4k | Citi Double Cash: $3,6k | Cap1 QS Visa Sig: $6k | Chevron: $3,5k | Macy's Store: $4,2k; Macy's AMEX: $6k | Kohl's: $2k | Best Buy: $500
TU FICO: 745 EQ FICO: 733 EX FICO: 733 (As of 10/30/14)

Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,789
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Regular Contributor
jakemod1
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎01-26-2013
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI


Epcot wrote:
Nice going, Congrats!

Thank you! BTW, you've been app free since my birthday! :smileyhappy:

Discover IT: $14,5k | Chase Freedom Visa Sig: $5k | CSP Visa Sig: $7k | AMEX BCE: $20k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig: $5,4k | Citi Double Cash: $3,6k | Cap1 QS Visa Sig: $6k | Chevron: $3,5k | Macy's Store: $4,2k; Macy's AMEX: $6k | Kohl's: $2k | Best Buy: $500
TU FICO: 745 EQ FICO: 733 EX FICO: 733 (As of 10/30/14)

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI

Congrats

Valued Member
flyingpenguin
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-25-2012
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI


jakemod1 wrote:

^^^Thank you!

 

I forgot to ask the CA...since I PC'ed, will the age of my account transfer to this one? I opened it back in 6/2007 and I don't want to lose that history. Also, what is your recommended time to request for the next CLI?


Yes, the new account should be backdated to your original open date. Generally I think the advice is wait 6 months in between CLI requests.

 

Just a note, when I PC'd my BofA card (I actually PC'd twice to Cash Rewards and then Travel Rewards) they said it would take 2-4 weeks for the new card to arrive. The first time I called at the 2 week mark and I actually got the card in the 3rd week. The second time I didn't call until the third week and it took over 4 weeks for the new card to arrive (which annoyed me because I had wanted to put a large purchase on it, but anyway...) So I would call them at the 2 week mark to check on it. In both cases I ended up getting 2 sets of cards, but I feel like they didn't actually send them out until I called.

Amex BCP ($12,100) - US Bank Cash+ ($11,000) - BofA Travel Rewards ($10,000) - Citi Forward ($5,500)

Last HP: 6/11/13 (for BofA CLI)
Frequent Contributor
astritaho1979
Posts: 451
Registered: ‎10-02-2011
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI

Congrats to you


COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Regular Contributor
jakemod1
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎01-26-2013
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI


flyingpenguin wrote:

jakemod1 wrote:

^^^Thank you!

 

I forgot to ask the CA...since I PC'ed, will the age of my account transfer to this one? I opened it back in 6/2007 and I don't want to lose that history. Also, what is your recommended time to request for the next CLI?


Yes, the new account should be backdated to your original open date. Generally I think the advice is wait 6 months in between CLI requests.

 

Just a note, when I PC'd my BofA card (I actually PC'd twice to Cash Rewards and then Travel Rewards) they said it would take 2-4 weeks for the new card to arrive. The first time I called at the 2 week mark and I actually got the card in the 3rd week. The second time I didn't call until the third week and it took over 4 weeks for the new card to arrive (which annoyed me because I had wanted to put a large purchase on it, but anyway...) So I would call them at the 2 week mark to check on it. In both cases I ended up getting 2 sets of cards, but I feel like they didn't actually send them out until I called.


Thank you for the heads up! I will definitely give them a call when the two week mark comes. I actually had a fraud on my card so they had to change the account number already...I didn't think about asking for a PC until two days later. So, this is the second time within a couple days they had to change my account number. So most likely, I will get two cards with different account numbers. The CSR did say I can use the fraud replacement card until my Bank Americard Cash Rewards comes in the mail.

 

Another question that came up in my head...with all of these account closed reporting in my CR, will it affect my score in any way? CK gave me an alert so I want to make sure it won't dent my score. They did backdate it so I guess it should be ok, right?

 

Also, I noticed I put "CA" which I now realize means "Collection Agency". Just to clarify, I meant credit analyst and my account is in good standing.

Discover IT: $14,5k | Chase Freedom Visa Sig: $5k | CSP Visa Sig: $7k | AMEX BCE: $20k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig: $5,4k | Citi Double Cash: $3,6k | Cap1 QS Visa Sig: $6k | Chevron: $3,5k | Macy's Store: $4,2k; Macy's AMEX: $6k | Kohl's: $2k | Best Buy: $500
TU FICO: 745 EQ FICO: 733 EX FICO: 733 (As of 10/30/14)

Valued Member
flyingpenguin
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-25-2012
0

Re: BoA PC and CLI


jakemod1 wrote:

flyingpenguin wrote:

jakemod1 wrote:

^^^Thank you!

 

I forgot to ask the CA...since I PC'ed, will the age of my account transfer to this one? I opened it back in 6/2007 and I don't want to lose that history. Also, what is your recommended time to request for the next CLI?


Yes, the new account should be backdated to your original open date. Generally I think the advice is wait 6 months in between CLI requests.

 

Just a note, when I PC'd my BofA card (I actually PC'd twice to Cash Rewards and then Travel Rewards) they said it would take 2-4 weeks for the new card to arrive. The first time I called at the 2 week mark and I actually got the card in the 3rd week. The second time I didn't call until the third week and it took over 4 weeks for the new card to arrive (which annoyed me because I had wanted to put a large purchase on it, but anyway...) So I would call them at the 2 week mark to check on it. In both cases I ended up getting 2 sets of cards, but I feel like they didn't actually send them out until I called.


Thank you for the heads up! I will definitely give them a call when the two week mark comes. I actually had a fraud on my card so they had to change the account number already...I didn't think about asking for a PC until two days later. So, this is the second time within a couple days they had to change my account number. So most likely, I will get two cards with different account numbers. The CSR did say I can use the fraud replacement card until my Bank Americard Cash Rewards comes in the mail.

 

Another question that came up in my head...with all of these account closed reporting in my CR, will it affect my score in any way? CK gave me an alert so I want to make sure it won't dent my score. They did backdate it so I guess it should be ok, right?

 

Also, I noticed I put "CA" which I now realize means "Collection Agency". Just to clarify, I meant credit analyst and my account is in good standing.


I think the reporting of the closed account is a YMMV thing. The only report I've pulled since my PC is Equifax. A few years ago BofA had a security leak so they changed my account number. My report shows 2 BofA accounts: 1 open and 1 closed (Lost/Stolen). So it appears that the PC just caused the number of the open BofA account to change, instead of creating a separate account. I'm curious to see how it shows up on TU, because I also got the alert that one account closed and one account opened when I PC'd. If the PC causes another account to appear, it would affect your AAoA because FICO scoring counts both open and closed accounts. In my case, the closed BofA account helps because it's my oldest account. :smileyhappy: I've noticed though that the lost/stolen closed BofA account doesn't appear on TU or EX reports though.

Amex BCP ($12,100) - US Bank Cash+ ($11,000) - BofA Travel Rewards ($10,000) - Citi Forward ($5,500)

Last HP: 6/11/13 (for BofA CLI)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}