Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA 3-2-1 Cash Rewards CLI $20K

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA 3-2-1 Cash Rewards CLI $20K

try going back into the cash rew and request more, ive seen a few ppl do that when they didnt get a counter.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 11 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

try going back into the cash rew and request more, ive seen a few ppl do that when they didnt get a counter.

I know. Giving it a little time to settle first.

Once i waited over 3 weeks and then was approved for more via same INQ.

Message 12 of 23
wachme
Contributor

Congrats OP! and I commend you on your strategy. I'm actually in the midst of doing the same. I want to let my accounts age a bit as I'm pretty satisfied with my current lineup. My AAoA are around 4 years, 5 months.

I actually applied for the travel rewards card last month on a whim (last minute international trip and thought the 0%FTF might come in handy) and regretted it, especially with the low limit I received. Makes no sense to close it at this point but would certainly like to increase the limit past the current 1k. Same goes for my U.S. Bank card. I'll spend a HP for CLI's on those soon. The rest of my limits I'm ok with for now and can SP CLI if i need to.

Message 13 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@wachme wrote:

Congrats OP! and I commend you on your strategy. I'm actually in the midst of doing the same. I want to let my accounts age a bit as I'm pretty satisfied with my current lineup. My AAoA are around 4 years, 5 months.

I actually applied for the travel rewards card last month on a whim (last minute international trip and thought the 0%FTF might come in handy) and regretted it, especially with the low limit I received. Makes no sense to close it at this point but would certainly like to increase the limit past the current 1k. Same goes for my U.S. Bank card. I'll spend a HP for CLI's on those soon. The rest of my limits I'm ok with for now and can SP CLI if i need to.

All too familiar with that from this side too.

Hold it and pound the dickens out of that $1K, PIF, rinse and repeat as often as you like and then ring them up about 4 months? and it's almost assured you'll receive an increase and then it should take off from there. I posted someplace else yesterday about with BofA you have to be aggressive with them and push. They seem to like that. Weird but it's worked.

I have a nearly 4 year old US bank card too at $3K with only it's first ever CLI in December that came thru in the postal mail of all things with a SP and was likely triggered by my doing a PC over to the Amex FlexPerks card.

Not sure if i want to try again with spending a HP for it though because there is no way possible they intend to do much better, and i know it. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic CM, congrats on your success !!!

Message 15 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

Congrats gotta love BofA

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 16 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks all Smiley Happy

I can honestly say that this bank is earned a solid place as a very fine fit for me ever since going from my business account with them over to personal card accounts.

Message 17 of 23
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on approval OP! BofA sets right beside my PenFed, in my opinion, a great bank and fantastic credit union!!
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your rockin increase!!!! Love BoA!

Message 19 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks

I couldn't agree more. BofA Really ROCKS!

Some take a more unfavorable view for different reasons but one thing i can't stress enough is that if you treat them right they will treat you right in return.

And i might add they seem to relish card customers that take them to task. I mean that in a positive light.

When it's a first card with them and your new, don't bellyache but be grateful and make use of the limit they approve you at because they will be there for you farther down the road if you pace things out and not rush them.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.