Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI $1.7k-->$10k!

tag
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

BofA CLI $1.7k-->$10k!

Tuesday morning I hit the CLI button and submitted the request to go from $1700 to $10,000. I got the dreaded 5-7 days message. I read here about people getting that message and then logging in later to find they were granted their request, so I kept logging into my account over the next few days to check. I got a HP alert from CK, which I expected. By Thursday night I still didn't see anything, so I decided to call the backdoor number Friday morning (today). I spoke to a credit analyst, and after giving him my employer's name and position, he said he would check my credit report. Waited on hold for a few minutes, then he came back and said based on the info on my report, he was able to give me the increase to 10k. Smiley Very Happy I had been prepared to give my reasons for wanting a CLI but he didn't even ask. Smiley LOL I should've just called in in the first place, would've saved me a few days of (mild) anxiety. haha.

Thanks to those who encouraged me to go for the full 10k a little while ago on this board. Smiley Happy

For those who are curious, these are my other limits:

Citi Forward: $5500

US Bank Cash+: $11,000

AMEX BCP: $12,100

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA CLI $1.7k-->$10k!

Grats! That's sweet!
Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 11
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Big congrats!

Message 4 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:

Tuesday morning I hit the CLI button and submitted the request to go from $1700 to $10,000. I got the dreaded 5-7 days message. I read here about people getting that message and then logging in later to find they were granted their request, so I kept logging into my account over the next few days to check. I got a HP alert from CK, which I expected. By Thursday night I still didn't see anything, so I decided to call the backdoor number Friday morning (today). I spoke to a credit analyst, and after giving him my employer's name and position, he said he would check my credit report. Waited on hold for a few minutes, then he came back and said based on the info on my report, he was able to give me the increase to 10k. Smiley Very Happy I had been prepared to give my reasons for wanting a CLI but he didn't even ask. Smiley LOL I should've just called in in the first place, would've saved me a few days of (mild) anxiety. haha.

Thanks to those who encouraged me to go for the full 10k a little while ago on this board. Smiley Happy

For those who are curious, these are my other limits:

Citi Forward: $5500

US Bank Cash+: $11,000

AMEX BCP: $12,100

Awesome and nice CLI!!!! Big Congrats!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 11
HiLine
Blogger

Message 6 of 11
knoregs
Established Contributor

Nice!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 7 of 11
defserv
Established Member

I was inspired by your thread so I decided to try my luck with the button even though I've only had my card for 5 months.. I started at $7500 and I asked for a increase to $15,000 and I was instantly approved for an increase to $13,800 Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

Thanks guys! Looking forward to it being reflected on CK/CS. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@defserv wrote:

I was inspired by your thread so I decided to try my luck with the button even though I've only had my card for 5 months.. I started at $7500 and I asked for a increase to $15,000 and I was instantly approved for an increase to $13,800 Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

NICE!!!!! Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.