cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI Bittersweet, but Discover REALLY likes me (EDIT: Chase Data Point)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA CLI Bittersweet, but Discover REALLY likes me (EDIT: Chase Data Point)

Pulled the trigger on my BofA Cash Rewards today. Requested a CLI (I'll update tomorrow if they HP'd or SP'd me).

I requested $10k. Went from $900 to $2.8k.

Nice to make this card more usable than it was, though I really did want a Visa siggy.

Discover, OTOH, handed me another SP $1.8k, making this a $7.6k MONSTER in my books.

I'm going to blow an HP with Chase today (Waiting on SM) and then run to the garden and hideout until I graduate from school. By then, most of my HP's will have fallen off and I hope to have a much better income.

Thanks to everybody's advice here, these forums are the only reason I've reached where I am today. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA CLI Bittersweet, but Discover REALLY likes me

Just got emails from TU and Cap1 CreditWise about the BofA HP. I guess I couldn't be that lucky today haha Smiley Tongue FAKO dropped by 2, FICO will update soon.

Message 2 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!!! I know it's not what you wanted, but it's a more than 3x increase and I bet the next time you take the HP you'll see another huge increase worthy of a Visa Signature. Smiley Wink

Yes, you just took a TU pull but they're generally worth it.  Good luck with Chase.  From my experience that would be an Experian hit.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats!!! I know it's not what you wanted, but it's a more than 3x increase and I bet the next time you take the HP you'll see another huge increase worthy of a Visa Signature. Smiley Wink

Yes, you just took a TU pull but they're generally worth it.  Good luck with Chase.  From my experience that would be an Experian hit.

Very true, a 3x CLI is pretty good Smiley Happy

Now I still have the button even though it reflects the new CL at the top of the page... has anybody ever tried doing it again after an instant counter approval? Would I get HP'd again?

Message 4 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You're young so no rush; you'll get there. Congrats on the CLIs there.

Message 5 of 17
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Ive been staring at that button for 3 months and im scared to hit it lol.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@601flyguy wrote:
Ive been staring at that button for 3 months and im scared to hit it lol.

I was too I literally squeeled out loud when I hit submit and I stared at the loading spinner on the pop up for all 60 seconds in agony!

Message 7 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats grasshopperSmiley Happy. Your future is bright. I was at like that with Boa too but since ive literally hit their wall, all i have on my TU is Boa Boa Boa. I cant receive any more cli yet that blue request stares at me everytime i log in. Wont do that mistake again with any lender so we live we learn. Enjoy your Disco luv as wellSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit it once after staring at it for months too. The approval came back and I ended up feeling like I left some on the table. I didn’t realize they countered.
Message 9 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous I see the seedling in your signature, so my lips are sealed! LOL

@Anonymous I answered your question in the original thread, but there's no use hitting the button again. It wouldn't result in a 2nd pull, but since you asked for a higher amount and they countered there's no reason they'd change their mind right now unless you called and spoke with an analyst.  Also, I somehow missed the Discover mention earlier - so congrats on that as well! Your card began secured and is a month younger than mine, yet you're only $400 behind already. Good going!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.