Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI Question

tag
JHorowitz
Established Member

BofA CLI Question

Just requested my first ever CLI through BofA chat. The online CSR rep said I will get a letter in 5-10 days. That means I didn't get the CLI, right? When one gets an increase, they usually tell us instantly, correct?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BofA CLI Question

@JHorowitz wrote:

Just requested my first ever CLI through BofA chat. The online CSR rep said I will get a letter in 5-10 days. That means I didn't get the CLI, right? When one gets an increase, they usually tell us instantly, correct?

In most cases yes it's bad news but i'm wishing your the exception

Fingers crossed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
JHorowitz
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@JHorowitz wrote:

In most cases yes it's bad news but i'm wishing your the exception

Fingers crossed 

Thanks. No worries, I just decided to pull the plug because i already had a few HPs from some apps. Like gambling, u get lucky twice in a row, u think u can go for a third...

Message 3 of 14
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Or you can freeze all your report and do cli, lol
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 14
JHorowitz
Established Member

@armbenderc wrote:
Or you can freeze all your report and do cli, lol

lol. nah, too much trouble.

Message 5 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@JHorowitz wrote:

It just means the system wasn't able to give an instant decision and the person you weere chatting with wasn't an analyst. There are many reports of people being told they'd get a letter and the next day or a few days later they sign in and the increase was approved. A letter does not always mean a decline.

Message 6 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I wasnt given an instant decision. They gave me $5k increase the following day. I asked for $10k. Goodluck!
Message 7 of 14
JHorowitz
Established Member

You guys are right! I asked for $5K total (currently at $2K), signed on today and I see $3K! Weird that they have to mail me a letter. When will they just email me and save some trees?

Message 8 of 14
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@JHorowitz wrote:

You guys are right! I asked for $5K total (currently at $2K), signed on today and I see $3K! Weird that they have to mail me a letter. When will they just email me and save some trees?

Got the same thing you did. I did mine on weekend and on Monday, I got the CLI and NO PULL! (all my CRs are frozen).

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 9 of 14
JHorowitz
Established Member

@armbenderc wrote:

@JHorowitz wrote:

Got the same thing you did. I did mine on weekend and on Monday, I got the CLI and NO PULL! (all my CRs are frozen).

Wow, nice!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.