Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI Timing and Recon Info

tag
sddykstr
Valued Member

BofA CLI Timing and Recon Info

Hey All - 

I've seen a number of questions around when to request CLIs at BofA, and I've asked myself. I talked to a CSR who confirmed that it's suggested to wait six months between requests.

About a month ago I requested CLIs on both of my BofA cards (one CashRewards Sig, one Platinum Plus Visa - former FIA). I got an increase from $5k to $7k and $1k to $3k respectively. I thought I could've gotten more, so I just went for it again today. Got approved from $3k to $6k on the Platinum, 7-10 day message on the Sig. I called Recon and talked them through everything (my income, job, etc) and they approved me from $7k to $15k.

Not a bad day's work. This was more for information, since a lot of what I found was somewhat outdated. Hopefully this helps someone looking.

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BofA CLI Timing and Recon Info

@sddykstr wrote:

Hey All - 

I've seen a number of questions around when to request CLIs at BofA, and I've asked myself. I talked to a CSR who confirmed that it's suggested to wait six months between requests.

About a month ago I requested CLIs on both of my BofA cards (one CashRewards Sig, one Platinum Plus Visa - former FIA). I got an increase from $5k to $7k and $1k to $3k respectively. I thought I could've gotten more, so I just went for it again today. Got approved from $3k to $6k on the Platinum, 7-10 day message on the Sig. I called Recon and talked them through everything (my income, job, etc) and they approved me from $7k to $15k.

Not a bad day's work. This was more for information, since a lot of what I found was somewhat outdated. Hopefully this helps someone looking.

HP on TU?

Message 2 of 12
sddykstr
Valued Member

Both prior CLIs from last month were soft pulls.

Not sure about the one today. Considering I don't want any new credit cards or expect to apply for new credit in the next year, HP would be okay for now.

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Great limits Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

great job!!

Message 5 of 12
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@sddykstr wrote:

Both prior CLIs from last month were soft pulls.

Not sure about the one today. Considering I don't want any new credit cards or expect to apply for new credit in the next year, HP would be okay for now.

woohoo!!! nice bump and well worth the HP!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@sddykstr wrote:

Hey All - 

Congrats Smiley Happy awesome success

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 12
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@sddykstr wrote:

Hey All - 

Congrats on the CLIs!!! Report back to us whethere it was a HP or SP. BofA is well known for doing everything with a HP (including transfering CLs from one account to another)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 12
linux007969
Established Contributor

@sddykstr wrote:

Hey All - 

Congrats on the increases! I want to share my recent post at my attempt with a increase with BofA it can make a good read as to what i recently went through....

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/Another-try-at-a-cli-with-BofA/td-p/279704...

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 9 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, I'm surprised your first round was SP for the amount of increase.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.