Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA cli and total exposure...

tag
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

BofA cli and total exposure...

I have 2 BofA cards...Alaska and Cash Rewards...

These cli buttons popped up again and they are ridiculously tempting....it's been 6 months since last cli's.

Income is $85k and my limits are $27.7k (Alaska w $0 balance) and $14.8k (Cash Rewards w balance transfer on it). Total exposure with BofA is 1/2 my income to the dollar.

Just curious if BofA ever goes above 1/2 total income on exposure? I'm not needing more credit...i'm in great shape BUT I'm curious how they handle this and data points after Googling it were vague.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BofA cli and total exposure...

I believe they do if warrented. I cant recall but i believe ive seen people with big limits and more than half their income. Just my opinion thoughSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I believe they do if warrented. I cant recall but i believe ive seen people with big limits and more than half their income. Just my opinion thoughSmiley Wink

+1

I think they are more inclined to deny someone due to a lack of 'relationship' than income. I'm sure income is a factor but they are more focused on denying people who haven't put much money with/thru them. I don't have my core banking with them, but I have a checking account and in Dec '16 i started paying all my bills online thru that account, increasing the deposits and transactions. Since then they started to open up finally started approving me for CLI's and additional cards. In the prior 2 years they kept it tight from me lol that's just my experience so YMMV

Good luck if you decide to go for it! It is a HP so if you apply for one and get approved, immediately apply on the 2nd and they'l combine the HP's into 1. 

Only thing better than a win, is a bonus win! 

Message 3 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

+1

I think they are more inclined to deny someone due to a lack of 'relationship' than income. I'm sure income is a factor but they are more focused on denying people who haven't put much money with/thru them. I don't have my core banking with them, but I have a checking account and in Dec '16 i started paying all my bills online thru that account, increasing the deposits and transactions. Since then they started to open up finally started approving me for CLI's and additional cards. In the prior 2 years they kept it tight from me lol that's just my experience so YMMV

Good luck if you decide to go for it! It is a HP so if you apply for one and get approved, immediately apply on the 2nd and they'l combine the HP's into 1. 

Only thing better than a win, is a bonus win! 

I second that firsthand.  Applied for a cli on both my Alaska (5k) and Cash Rewards (71k) denied due to insufficient deposits with them

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 4 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

12njoy did I read that right...You Cash Rewards current limit is $71,000???
Message 5 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Yes that's correct.  It's a throwback from the Fidelity days.  I changed it over from Fidelity when it was with BofA and switching to US Bank (who hates me by the way).  At the time of switch over it had a limit of 35k.  I think that was in the beginning of 2016 so you can see how it has doubled since then.  I also moved some of my linie from the Alaska Airlines to get it up to that 71k.  I only got the Alaska for the companion ticket and signup bonus.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Wow that's a beast!! Does your wallet weigh you down a little bit extra when you carry it? lol I'd be walking around sporting a slight limp...straight pimpin lol that's limit is awesome
Message 7 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
Wow that's a beast!! Does your wallet weigh you down a little bit extra when you carry it? lol I'd be walking around sporting a slight limp...straight pimpin lol that's limit is awesome

LOL LOL.  I only use that card for balance transfers since they like the 18 months 0%

___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Physh1 wrote:

I have 2 BofA cards...Alaska and Cash Rewards...

These cli buttons popped up again and they are ridiculously tempting....it's been 6 months since last cli's.

Income is $85k and my limits are $27.7k (Alaska w $0 balance) and $14.8k (Cash Rewards w balance transfer on it). Total exposure with BofA is 1/2 my income to the dollar.

Just curious if BofA ever goes above 1/2 total income on exposure? I'm not needing more credit...i'm in great shape BUT I'm curious how they handle this and data points after Googling it were vague.

Thanks!

If you do not need the CLs, do not push the buttons.  Not worth any inquiries....

Message 9 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

71K???

No wonder crossing that milestone came up as soon as it did.

This doesn't surprise too much though. Seen others with like 55K etc and even i have one at 40K.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.