Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa credit limit increase

tag
dude11
Regular Contributor

Bofa credit limit increase

Hi,

I recently applied for a credit limit increase for my Bofa Cash Rewards card and I was approved online double my previous limit. Now I'm kinda wishing I requested a little more :-). Now my question is, has anyone successfully been approved for a credit limit increase online and called in to request a higher limit and received it? Without another HP? I really don't need a bigger limit than what I got, but just curious.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Bofa credit limit increase

Yes, there are many reports that people use the same HP up to 30 days after the initial CLI to request more by phone.

Also, the recommendation with BoA is to ask for much more than what you want just to make sure they counter with the amount they can approve.

Good luck and report back.

Message 2 of 19
dude11
Regular Contributor

@newhis

Thanks for the info. I originally thought of requesting a high limit, but was unsure if i would get a flat out denial vs approval for a smaller increase. If bofa does counter offer will keep that in mind next time. I also plan on requesting an APR reduction will give them a call on Monday and post back. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I had great success with BofA. I had 2 cards...one at $300 carry 0 balance and 1 at 6000...I want to say I was carrying 1 or 2k.

I hit the luv button on the 300 and it took me to $2300. I called in and got her to match my other limit of $6,000. I got off the phone and hit the luv button on the $6k asking for $15k...I got the 7-10 day and called in. He immediately approved the 15K.

The other day I decided I would prefer the whole limit on 1 card. I called in and with a SP they moved 5800 over. So now I have a $20,800 card and a $200 I am keeping for Aaoa. I will probably hit the luv in 6 months or maybe use it occasionally hoping for an automatic.
Message 4 of 19
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. I had great success with BofA. I had 2 cards...one at $300 carry 0 balance and 1 at 6000...I want to say I was carrying 1 or 2k.

I hit the luv button on the 300 and it took me to $2300. I called in and got her to match my other limit of $6,000. I got off the phone and hit the luv button on the $6k asking for $15k...I got the 7-10 day and called in. He immediately approved the 15K.

The other day I decided I would prefer the whole limit on 1 card. I called in and with a SP they moved 5800 over. So now I have a $20,800 card and a $200 I am keeping for Aaoa. I will probably hit the luv in 6 months or maybe use it occasionally hoping for an automatic.

Was this 2 or 1 HO for increases on both accounts. I asked because I was approved for 2 accounts on 3/20/15 and was wondering how to request

my CLi when the time comes.

Message 5 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I called crefit analyst and they used my same TU HP from CLI request to raise my limit twice.

Same HP for 30 days.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 19
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

I called crefit analyst and they used my same TU HP from CLI request to raise my limit twice.

Same HP for 30 days.

Good luck.

Good deal. Good to know I can get a 2 for 1 . Lol

im gonna put heat useageJune on travel card. And do some br on da BBR.

gonna ask for $10k on the $2k card and $25k on the $10k card

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me as well. Just 1 HPSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Good deal. Good to know I can get a 2 for 1 . Lol

im gonna put heat useageJune on travel card. And do some br on da BBR.

gonna ask for $10k on the $2k card and $25k on the $10k card

Good plan.

I wonder if asking for CLIs on two different cards will be 2 HPs....I don't have experience with that.

ETA: My "2 for 1" was two CLIs on same card within 30 days of each other with same HP from original request.

Message 9 of 19
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Ohhhhhh........ Got. Cha, I misunderst... But ima still try. And if a no go I will have them stay on the phone while I hit the Luv button on

card #2. 

Like i I had the analsyst stay on the phone with me to fill out my app for the 2nd card after I asked him if I can do a "2 for 1" app. Lol Jew didn't mind waiting. Lol

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.