Did you mean: 

Bofa credit limit increase

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Bofa credit limit increase

@dude11 wrote:

Hi,

I recently applied for a credit limit increase for my Bofa Cash Rewards card and I was approved online double my previous limit. Now I'm kinda wishing I requested a little more :-). Now my question is, has anyone successfully been approved for a credit limit increase online and called in to request a higher limit and received it? Without another HP? I really don't need a bigger limit than what I got, but just curious.

Thanks!

Yes they are great with CLI, if you have another card with a higher limit they will most likely match it or go above it. That was my experience with them. Call them now and speak with the credit analyst. As long as your income will support and you have made significant payments on your card they will grant it. BOA wants to be your primary goto card.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 11 of 19
dude11
Regular Contributor

Good news!!! I called in yesterday to increase my credit limit and was approved! My prior limit before I initiated my first increase was 2k. When I applied online I went for double and over the phone I asked for another 2k so triple my original limit. From what I can tell only one HP was done and I will post back if a 2nd HP shows up. Thank you all for your help, you're all awesome! 

Message 12 of 19
newhis
Valued Contributor

@dude11 wrote:

Good news!!! I called in yesterday to increase my credit limit and was approved! My prior limit before I initiated my first increase was 2k. When I applied online I went for double and over the phone I asked for another 2k so triple my original limit. From what I can tell only one HP was done and I will post back if a 2nd HP shows up. Thank you all for your help, you're all awesome! 

Congrats.

Do you have other cards with more than 6k? Maybe you can call again before the 30 days and ask for more Smiley Happy

Good luck

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. I had great success with BofA. I had 2 cards...one at $300 carry 0 balance and 1 at 6000...I want to say I was carrying 1 or 2k.

I hit the luv button on the 300 and it took me to $2300. I called in and got her to match my other limit of $6,000. I got off the phone and hit the luv button on the $6k asking for $15k...I got the 7-10 day and called in. He immediately approved the 15K.

The other day I decided I would prefer the whole limit on 1 card. I called in and with a SP they moved 5800 over. So now I have a $20,800 card and a $200 I am keeping for Aaoa. I will probably hit the luv in 6 months or maybe use it occasionally hoping for an automatic.

you are KING

Message 14 of 19
dude11
Regular Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@dude11 wrote:

Congrats.

Do you have other cards with more than 6k? Maybe you can call again before the 30 days and ask for more Smiley Happy

Good luck

This is currently my highest limit card to date. Not sure how much more I can push it further lol. I would like to, but I might just let it bake for 6 months before I try for more.

Message 15 of 19
guydiver
Established Contributor

Congrats dude11.  Great job with the follow-up and both CLI's.  Keep up the good work. 

'diver

Message 16 of 19
uswala
Senior Contributor

@dude11 wrote:

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 17 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@dude11 wrote:

Hi,

I recently applied for a credit limit increase for my Bofa Cash Rewards card and I was approved online double my previous limit.

Thanks!

Grats on doubling your BoA line Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on successful CLI recon!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.