Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bucket List Achieved: Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card

tag
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Bucket List Achieved: Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card

Man, its' been a long road. 

2005 I first signed up here with a 438 credit score. No excuses, but I learned some really poor money management skills when I was growing up. Spend fast, it won't last was the motto. And man, we did! 

Got older, married and started to try and explore my options and found my credit score really killed all my chances. When I subscribed to Score Watch I was sitting at 438. I had tax problems, liens, bad debts, late payments and pretty much everything else you can imagine. About 5 years ago I got a real job and got my score into the mid 600's and got a few cards with $4-5k limits and promptly maxed them all out because I was an idiot.

Around this point I really started one good habit, to sock some money in investment accounts through payroll deductions. My goal was to have enough saved so that I could consider retiring.  But, I screwed up and maxed out all my cards... so when I went for the bucket list card, the Fidelity Amex I got denied. #sadpanda

Spent the next few years paying off these cards and I'm proud to say that right now I'm under $5000 on a $25000k overall credit line. I've bought a house, new truck and generally learned to live frugally. Still, Fidelity wouldn't give me any love. 

Today was a good day though. After having applied for almost 5 years (about once a year) for the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card and getting denied, I applied and got the standard message '7-10 days letter in the mail'. Meh... whatever.. dont' need you. 

Anyway... in my email last night I get this message "Welcome to the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card" I literaly coudn't believe it. I had to read the email 2-3x to let it sync in. Bucket List! Yes!

But, I knew my credit was improving but not perfect so I figured it would be some lousy limit like my $1,000 Amex Delta Platinum. Ya, no.... I logged into Fidelity and have a $11,500 limit! WOOHOO!

So, bucket list achieved for me. 2% into my Fidelity account? Yes please!

So, I know this post is long and rambly. Thanks for reading. Just had to celebrate with the crew that helped me get hear. Seriously, this forum (and Reddit/r/financialindependance) has saved my financial life more than once. I learned all my core lessons about money and credit management here and will be forever grateful.

3 ficos 670-680; Current status, csp 5000, fidelity 11500, amex delta plat 1000, chase freedom 4500, amazon sync 1000, capital one crap totalling 2550, barclay apple $4650 and maybe some other stuff I can't remember.

total cl is 36000

18 REPLIES 18
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Bucket List Achieved: Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card

Congrats!

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 19
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Big congrats, Zahnrosen!! Your story is inspirational. Great job!! I love my Fidelity AMEX. Keep an eye out for promotional offers via email and/or snail mail. Seems like I receive some sort of promotional offer from them each quarter. Usually it’s an extra 2000 bonus points for spending in a certain category, or for meeting a certain spend threshold.

Again, great job! 😃
FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Who did they pull?
Message 4 of 19
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  That must feel amazing.

Message 5 of 19
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Zahnrosenwrote:

[...]

Today was a good day though. After having applied for almost 5 years (about once a year) for the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card and getting denied, I applied and got the standard message '7-10 days letter in the mail'. Meh... whatever.. dont' need you. 

Anyway... in my email last night I get this message "Welcome to the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card" I literaly coudn't believe it. I had to read the email 2-3x to let it sync in. Bucket List! Yes!

But, I knew my credit was improving but not perfect so I figured it would be some lousy limit like my $1,000 Amex Delta Platinum. Ya, no.... I logged into Fidelity and have a $11,500 limit! WOOHOO!

So, I know this post is long and rambly. Thanks for reading. Just had to celebrate with the crew that helped me get hear. Seriously, this forum (and Reddit/r/financialindependance) has saved my financial life more than once. I learned all my core lessons about money and credit management here and will be forever grateful.

3 ficos 670-680; Current status, csp 5000, fidelity 11500, amex delta plat 1000, chase freedom 4500, amazon sync 1000, capital one crap totalling 2550, barclay apple $4650 and maybe some other stuff I can't remember.

total cl is 36000

OP - First congralations. Like you, I credit any financial success / wellness I have on MFF and Redditt/r/financialindependence. 

Do you have a relationship with fidelity? How long have you banked with them prior to your approval? Lastly, if you don't mind sharing, what level of assets do you have with them (e.g., <25K, between 26k and 50k, between 51k and 100k or greater than 100k)?

Of course I'm asking because they are on my bucket list but I've been hesitant to apply because I know Fidelity / Elan / US Bank is incredibly conservative. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go! Congrats on your hard work and approval!!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zahnrosen thanks for sharing your life. It gives many of us hope that there is a tomorrow Smiley Happy Congrats on hitting one of your bucket list credit cards and a great credit limit! Really awesome and I am happy for you!
Message 8 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow ,nice job overcomingSmiley Happy. Enjoy your new bucketSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Namaste7wrote:

@Zahnrosenwrote:

[...]

total cl is 36000

OP - First congralations. Like you, I credit any financial success / wellness I have on MFF and Redditt/r/financialindependence. 

Do you have a relationship with fidelity? How long have you banked with them prior to your approval? Lastly, if you don't mind sharing, what level of assets do you have with them (e.g., <25K, between 26k and 50k, between 51k and 100k or greater than 100k)?

Of course I'm asking because they are on my bucket list but I've been hesitant to apply because I know Fidelity / Elan / US Bank is incredibly conservative. 

Does Fidelity have any input into Elan's approval?   Since you can apply without a Fidelity account I doubt it.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.