Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buckle Card Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buckle Card Approved

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail saying I had been pre-approved for a Buckle store card. Thought this was totally weird considering I had tried the SCT several times with no success. I couldn't pull up the information online that was listed on the letter but I called the number and BAM the guy on the other end after verifying my identity said I was approved for a $250 SL. Not the best so I asked if there was any way to have a higher SL considering my other comenity cards (EXPRESS and David's Bridal) started at over $500. He told me that as soon as I get my card to call customer service to have it reviewed. I have avoided most of the SCT cards except for the stores I regularly shop. Buckle was a whim because DW and I absolutely love their jeans but refuse to pay $89 a pair. For the most part, I'm going to use the card for the occasional gift and that's it. If I keep the util. low it will help my overall util. which is hovering around 65% now.

Here's the nitty gritty of my approval:

Not sure which report was pulled because it's not showing anything yet so here are all my scores - EQ 588/TU 603/EX 619

Annual Income: >$60k

Inquiries: SUPER HIGH >10 as I just purchased a car

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Buckle Card Approved

Congrats on the Buckle approval.  Comenity cards only report when you use them, just FYI.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

My fiancé has a VS and Wayfair that I am AU on we have never used either but they report every mth .
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know. I want it to report but like I said I don't want to push up my util.

Message 4 of 9
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's good to know. I want it to report but like I said I don't want to push up my util.

I use my card quite a bit.  I shop their clearance and sale items.  This card will grow just give it some time.  I was approved for 250 as well and I am sitting at 1850.  I had this card a year and some months.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my Buckle. Just went up to $1,000. from $700. Buckle quality is really premium and is well worth the $$$!
Message 6 of 9
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

All Buckle cardholders please note the highest CL on buckle is 3160 i have it for Al most 11 months now and got the letter from comenity that this is the highest limit for the buckle card program tried  twice got the same answer hope it helps

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It will grow in time. 

Message 8 of 9
disney2
Regular Contributor

I got a letter like that last week too and never could get the website listed to work.  Instead of calling, I tried the shopping cart trick and got it to pop up.  My limit is $250 too.  I love their jeans too but only buy them when they are on sale.  I did find a shirt I wanted in there Saturday but they only had one and it was the wrong size.  It was only $25 so I thought that would have been perfect for an initial purchase.

My other commenity cards that I don't have balances on show on my report all the time so you should be good there.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.