Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Gold Spade and garden. Hello BOA

tag
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Gold Spade and garden. Hello BOA

I guess i dont get it i have BoA for 9 months never got a CLI where is the taxi
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 11 of 44
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Long time no see there taxi.

All i can offer for you is to pound the pieces out of that limit with various usage, PIF, rinse n repeat as often as you feel like, and then in say 4-6 months once you get that first CLI your BofA Card limit should start to become very worth those HP's on future CLI's.

Congratulations on the approval and getting in with them

Message 12 of 44
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Grats Taxi..  It is an in with BofA and will grow quickly!

Thanks CC. Thats what i was thinking as well. Also got mailer from Fnbo for their amex card. Not sure as they are so conservative. This is their 3rd mailer as well.

Since you are out of garden mise well get in with FNBO..  Have they softed you recently?

Honestly. Im not sure. i only know this is 3rd time getting this mailer. it says until june 1st. I thought they were hard core. so i never bothered them. They also sent me mailer for a chrysler credit card as well as this amex thing.

Message 13 of 44
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Long time no see there taxi.

All i can offer for you is to pound the pieces out of that limit with various usage, PIF, rinse n repeat as often as you feel like, and then in say 4-6 months once you get that first CLI your BofA Card limit should start to become very worth those HP's on future CLI's.

Congratulations on the approval and getting in with them

What!!!! they do hp for a cli? this is getting like barclays. I will never request cli with them as they want hp for everything.

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved April 27th last year for the card, $1000 instant approval. Called analyst, asked for $10k and got it. Called back again and got it bumped to $19.5k after they noted my banking history with them. I don't remember if the recon was a HP or not.

Congrats! It will grow over time but it may cost you a HP. HP's aren't permanent and some of the best CLIs come with those.

Message 15 of 44
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Grats Taxi..  It is an in with BofA and will grow quickly!

Thanks CC. Thats what i was thinking as well. Also got mailer from Fnbo for their amex card. Not sure as they are so conservative. This is their 3rd mailer as well.

Since you are out of garden mise well get in with FNBO..  Have they softed you recently?

Honestly. Im not sure. i only know this is 3rd time getting this mailer. it says until june 1st. I thought they were hard core. so i never bothered them. They also sent me mailer for a chrysler credit card as well as this amex thing.

Bet you would get it if you want another good conservative lender?

Message 16 of 44
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the gardening, and now your approval with BoA!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL @ sponge bob reference. Congratulations, taxi, and good to see you back with us! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I was getting mailers left and right too. Applied in September got a 2,000 SL. Couple weeks ago I called and asked for a cli, I asked for 5,000 they gave me 4,900. Lol

As for the Amex FNBO, I got mailers for that too. Applied in October, got a 1,000 sl 🙄 Called last week asking if they had a sp cli, they did. Gave me 3,500. Pretty low, seeing Amex just gave me 15,000.
Message 19 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Hello Fico friends and forum members. Been a while since i posted. I needed a little time away in order to spend in the garden. was trying to stay away about a year. I did make it almost 9 months. Damn. The only Major lender i was not in with was Boa. and since their website was bogus at best. I would just not apply. it said it was good even though my name was sponge bob square pants. So i left it alone. Well in the last 12 days. i got no less than 4 mailers from BOA about their cash reward card. I said damn. ok i will pull the trigger when i got one today. No problem on the approval. But what a crappy limit. They did ask me to put the credits cards that i wanted to transfer balances from during the application process i declined to see what my limit would be first. here we go. 2k. don't know what i can transfer with this limit? anyone have success with getting cli with BOA out of gate? ive not used them so i don't know much of them.

Last time i banked with em was in the 90s when they were nationsbank. they pissed me off then with the endless fees and i never ever looked at them since. Thanks all for any advice. Taxi.

bankofamericaapproval.PNG

Well Taxi, I received one of those mailers also, and waited until it almost expired, the $200 bonus and some other stuff was pretty good.

I felt the same as you as BOA is one of the last biggies for me, so I came out of the garden after 3 months and app'd, was approved with a low starting limit, compared to what I normally get, but I'm in and hope it grows. 

Are you you going to recon your sl or just let it grow?

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.