cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE RECON SUCCESS WITH EO HELP!!!!

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

CAPITAL ONE RECON SUCCESS WITH EO HELP!!!!

So I stepped out the garden as most of you may know, applied from a pre-qualified letter I got, got denied emailed the eo. Received another pre-qual letter. Got the call from the EO 2 days ago explained what happened he asked some income questions and told me he would submit for manual review. Just got off the phone with him I was APPROVED for the card they originally pre-qual me for then denied. Only $300 but has no interst til March 2014 its the classsic platimum I will have the card in 7 days!!!! I have a secured card with them for about a year great standing and a auto loan from them with 3 lates and they still approved me. Sooooo I say all of that to say this RECON RECON RECON no matter what you hear others says each persons situation is different. I am on my way!!!!! Thank you to the site!!! Smiley Happy

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE RECON SUCCESS WITH EO HELP!!!!

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 27
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

WooHoo! Congrats.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 4 of 27
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Thank you all, now I don't feel so bad about those 3 hard pulls from them last month lol. Contemplating doing a recon for a higher limit but don't want to seem ungrateful Smiley Happy
Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 5 of 27
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Whatever you have to do. Well done.

Message 6 of 27
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

i got denied also...now thinking of emailing the eo....what is that email address?

Thanks so much

Oh and CONGRATS

Message 7 of 27
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:
Thank you all, now I don't feel so bad about those 3 hard pulls from them last month lol. Contemplating doing a recon for a higher limit but don't want to seem ungrateful Smiley Happy

I wish you well in getting a higher limit as this bank seems to be well set in saying "no" to just about anything - and incapable of doing anything that requires the use of common sense. In my situation, they wont give me ANY line increases other that the paltry ones evey one gets early on. Also, they seem to have some sort of idea that anything more two cards with them is "too many". Improve your starter card to prime later on? FUUUUUUUUGET ABOUT IT!. In my case with the HSBC cards now theirs I am the unhappy owner of 4 of their accounts..... That cannot be increased, cannot be combined, nor can they be upgraded. According to them.......all I can do is cancel them and apply for new cards ( once I have that # to < 2  ----- i.e. 1 or 0 ).

Today at Walmart I found the perfect solution to my Capital One dilemma in the clearance bin...

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 8 of 27
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Congrat.....you also can call EO office and work on those lates....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 27
bluescale
Regular Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

They generally want you to wait 6 months for a CLI.  I don's know if reconning the successful recon will accomplish anything.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.