Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Approval Posts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC Approval Posts

I don't mean to be petty (someone just used that word so it comes to mind) but when ppl make Approval posts it would be very helpful to know things like what CRA they pulled, Utilization, number of INQs, and relevant info on your reports like baddies or AAOA... etc...

It's so frustrating to search and read about approvals and not find any of that info. After noticing this I have been seeing it daily.

So hopefully nobody takes offense to this-just hoping for the Posts to become more helpful to others.
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC Approval Posts

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't mean to be petty (someone just used that word so it comes to mind) but when ppl make Approval posts it would be very helpful to know things like what CRA they pulled, Utilization, number of INQs, and relevant info on your reports like baddies or AAOA... etc...

It's so frustrating to search and read about approvals and not find any of that info. After noticing this I have been seeing it daily.

So hopefully nobody takes offense to this-just hoping for the Posts to become more helpful to others.

Not at all unreasonable to ask. Some posters are just so excited about their successes that they post without that information. You can always ask the poster to supply that information, too. Most people are happy to do so.

Also, some of us are not as interested in new cards so much so that information is not necessary. Just giving another perspective.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 30
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@musiclover.... good point. I know we all aren't looking. I'm not always looking to app for a card I see in an approval post but people get yelled at on here for not "using the search button" .... and if people are going to get "scolded" for not searching, maybe they do search but the info isn't in the post.
That being said.... I see your point on people being excited.

@austin....There is a post for a lot of things on here. I've seen that one just thought I would ask since not many appear to follow that post. If we aren't supposed to post things that already have a post nobody would post anything anymore

Message 4 of 30
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I find searching on google yields better results than using the MF search function.  You can even search with a specific user in mind or whatever details you're looking for and get better resutls.  The forum isn't the best of tools when it comes to finding the details specific to your needs sometimes.  But just posting what are my odds, what limit do you, should i, could i, etc. are just a shot in the dark since we're not the lender.  Scores aren't everything when it comes to yielding an approval though most seem to think so.  What's needed is just spending some time following the trends and if you do search on here for something sort by date is better than bestmatch since the best match might be several years old.  

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Usually google gices me better luck
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

And you just made me lol about the "should I" or "will I" Posts. I always laugh cuz I'm not the UW. I can tell you if I think you have a good shot but don't blame me if you don't get what I say. Lol
Message 7 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Should be no shame in asking should i or would i here as many are looking for " opinions" anyway and thats why we can choose to post or not post. If all people did was google, there would be no fun in engaging in pleasant conversations here at FicolandSmiley Happy, just my 2 pennies of average thought for the eveningSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

AverageJoe, you're absolutely right..

Sharing data points has been slipping, just my non-scientific assessment of the Approval posts...

Opinion / Should I / What if etc...read my Ritz Posts from October...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-Ritz-Approval-Odds/td-p/4757944

Message 9 of 30
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Get what you're saying OP but I think if you just follow up and ask, most will be willing to share.

Then there are those of us who are addicted to the forums and don't think about certain things. Like I posted my BCE approval and included most of what you listed but didn't explicitly mention they pulled EX because "everyone" (lol) knows AMEX pulls EX! Lol!
NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.