Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Approval Posts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC Approval Posts

One excellent point that has also been mentioned before by a few myficoers- we have to leave the option open for posters to share or not share personal information, and be able to decide for themselves if they wish to share details and if so, which details they feel comfortable sharing. It's all about comfort level which is different for each person.

That said, I try to share what I can in posts but respect the fact that AverageJoes or any of my other myfico friends may not wish to share too many personal specifics- and that's ok.

We're all different, and that is what makes us a really great and diverse myfico community!
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yep a ton of threads on this forum are completaly pointless and not at all usefull for others who are tring to learn something(which should be the point of this forum).

first post: i got approved for chase freedom, yeah so happy!!!!!

the next 256 posts: congratulations bla bla bla....

i dont get it but ok i guess

Well fortunately, we have MANY ACTIVE SUB-FORUMS where posters could also "learn something" besides the approval forum. 

I think it's harsh to label any post, where a poster reached a milestone, and wants to celebrate it as useless. And they should be congratulated. It may seem excessive to some, but again, this forum is actually really active. If that sort of thing is not for you, don't congratulate.

As for data, hard to apply your profile to another....it's never a concrete science: you got approved, then I will get approved. But I can see where it could be useful with PR, past CO etc....but STILL it's not guaranteed. 

In any case, most of the time, if an approval spikes a members interest without data, the op will post if asked for points. Just my two cents. 

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The post was never started to not encourage excitement of getting a card and having others share in that. It was more a suggestion to help others as well. I was not talking about sharing personal stuff. If you don't want to share income-share a range. If you don't want to share your score-share a range.

As I said it was never meant to upset anyone or cause problems-it was just a suggestion so these approvals could benefit others AT THE SAME TIME AS sharing with our fellow friends their excitement of getting an approval.
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still believe when some one posts CC approval, they should post their credit standings, like current score, the bureau ccc pulled and any other info. It's commonsense that each individual approval is based on many factors and there is no one size that fits all, but data points gives an fair idea for some one who is looking to have that particular card in mind. To be honest, I don't care if some one got approved for that shiny card as long as they don't care to share data points as I don't know who is the person behind that post since myfico forums is not facebook😎
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I still believe when some one posts CC approval, they should post their credit standings, like current score, the bureau ccc pulled and any other info. It's commonsense that each individual approval is based on many factors and there is no one size that fits all, but data points gives an fair idea for some one who is looking to have that particular card in mind. To be honest, I don't care if some one got approved for that shiny card as long as they don't care to share data points as I don't know who is the person behind that post since myfico forums is not facebook😎

While it might be great that every approval post came with all relative info about credit and CRAs pulled, in no way are we going to try to force posters to include that info or feel bad if they don't (not suggesting that this is what you mean).  As others have stated many people may not know all that information or if they do, may not feel comfortable providing that information.  The Credit Card Approvals forum was not created for this purpose and is not intended to be a similar function as the CCB database.  Other posters are certainly free to ask the OP to provide relative statistics but if they don't and you are seeking that info, just move on. I personally feel that there is more than enough info already available on this forum and elsewhere for people to decide if their credit profile meets the standards for a particular card.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Irish
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

+10000000000000 Djgrolyos
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I regret starting this post. Lesson learned.
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

There has been a post or two removed from this thread and we have a sticky thread from a moderator providing guidance on CC Approval posts.  Therefore this thread is now locked

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I regret starting this post. Lesson learned.

No need to regret it.  Your intentions were good and you can't control what others post.  As always people have differing opinions.  While it would be nice if every approval post came with all the data we would like, that was never the intention of this forum.  It was created several years ago because posters were making approval threads in the CC forum and that forum was 'overrun' with them, so the Approvals forum was created solely for those types of posts.  It is there for people to share their good news and up to others whether they even want to read the posts and/or respond.

Dont hesitate to make posts in the future because one that you did start went south.  If you ever have a doubt about a thread you want to start and need guidance, don't hesitate to PM a CL or Mod.  Otherwise keep up your great posts.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.