tag
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

Re: CC approvals with no emotion

@Simply827 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Nice job with the credit lessons. For the most part, I don't get emotional about business. But it is hard not to crack a smile when that approval screen comes up....lol

I'm fairly emotionless when I get an approval, as it's pretty much expected. However if I receive anything other than an approval message (which would be my first), then expect some emotion. Smiley Happy

Unless you are just starting or rebuilding, most people would expect approval of some sort (and having no idea of credit limit ranges, will be OK with whatever they get.)

And, if you are doing cash back, unless you do really heavy manufactured spending, objectively it really doesn't make all that much difference to your life style.  Travel rewards can have a more obvious impact, but probably "OK, fine" is probably the "correct" emotion rather than the roller-coaster stuff experienced by most of us!

I cried when I was approved for Chase Freedom after a rebuild. 

Maybe I'll be like "OK fine" next year when I app for a few new cards.

Same for me after a rebuild i got excited for approvals..

Message 11 of 13
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Nice job with the credit lessons. For the most part, I don't get emotional about business. But it is hard not to crack a smile when that approval screen comes up....lol

I'm fairly emotionless when I get an approval, as it's pretty much expected. However if I receive anything other than an approval message (which would be my first), then expect some emotion. Smiley Happy

Well, of course you expect the approval bro, you are a credit pimp--in the 800 club. I am about average in the 700 club, and I expect an approval every time now....though I have 7-10 inqs on each report right now, hence gardening time. In four or five months, I will only have about 2 or 3 inqs on each, and I will be much more comfortable with where I am. The only emotion comes from the fact that less than a year ago I had scores in the mid 500s and 2 secured credit cards with a combined credit limit of 500 bucks....lol. Myfico and the members here have changed all that, and I have helped my brother, sister, mother, and family friend with their credit to kind of share the wealth...lol.

Yeah my Myfico and members are helping me alot and want to thanks them so much. The great knowledge never decreases by being shared.  

Message 12 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

I think I still get an adrenaline rush from the planning of a spree and the execution of each stage.

The emotions on that day from the words approved start out high but with each next app becomes less of a rush until the spree is complete

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.