Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE loves me! BIG Auto-CLI

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: CHASE loves me! BIG Auto-CLI

@distantarray wrote:

will companies do love to CLI you to $5,000 limits cause then it's upgraded to a Visa signiture, and the merchant fees rises per transaction cost =)

hmmm my income did rise to 32k so anything is possible! =)

and that is my goal to have a freedom siggy, and a costco amex!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 19
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your cards and CLIs!  They gave me an auto-CLI on my United Club Visa from 8,000 to 11,800 in December - I'd had the card six months and I'd been using the heck out of it.

Message 12 of 19
FrugalRican
Blogger

What's your income?

I wonder because I've been a Chase customer for YEARS. I have at least 3 accounts with them and 2 CC's... and NEVER an auto-CLI.

In fact, I got an email from them right after Hurricane Sandy addressing the need for bigger CL's. I called in and they didn't want to help me out with a SP-CLI.

So I've been spending on other cards that benefit me more. I didn't hesitate to tell the CSR either that I was planning on buying new electronics to make up for those lost and that I would then be spending a few K on those other cards. Still, nothing.

My signature has my CC's and CL's. Freedom is by far the lowest.

It looks like we are on similar grounds other than maybe income. I have to be honest, I don't tend to take things like these personally, but when the consideration of even lifting your limit after a disaster isn't even discussed, I got turned off by it. (She didn't even mention taking some of my Hyatt VISA limit and apply that to the Freedom) It was a complete shutdown and my other cards have gotten their fair share of swipe income ever since.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 13 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

Congrats on your cards and CLIs!  They gave me an auto-CLI on my United Club Visa from 8,000 to 11,800 in December - I'd had the card six months and I'd been using the heck out of it.

Heavy usage is the way to get auto CLIs from Chase. I got an auto CLI after 3 months on my United Club card, and I'm certain heavy usage played a large part in it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

Heavy usage is the way to get auto CLIs from Chase. I got an auto CLI after 3 months on my United Club card, and I'm certain heavy usage played a large part in it.

x2i basically maxed out my card every month and pif before statement cut. and they auto cli to doubled my limit. im still using it for the most part but not maxing it out. only taking advantage of the starbucks/gas combo

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 15 of 19
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

Chase Bank loves me! and I love them too. I don't know, there must be something about me that fit their profile of the ideal customer as they've been nothing but good to me. The fact that they are my primary bank (I have both a checking and savings account with them), and I have my paycheck direct deposited into my account with them must be a factor. They gave me my first big prime card last year when I apped for the freedom card in my mini app-o-rama. I got the pending further review message,  but when I called in they approved it after I verified my identification at the local branch.

As if that wasn't nice enough, they truly showed their appreciation for me as a customer at the end of 2012 by approving me for a Chase Ink Cash Business card with a $7000 starting limit. I did have to do a relatively long interview over the phone with a business credit analyst to get it but all in all it was a courteous and polite exchange.

The love continued into 2013. After running my credit report last week, I noticed that my available credit went up. Given that I haven't applied for anything new recently, I knew there must be a CLI somewhere on one of my cards. Going through my report card by card, I eventually saw that my Freedom card's limit had been increased from $2200 to $5000. That's a more than doubling of the original credit limit!!!

I was really not expecting it as I hear Chase can be stingy when it comes on to CLIs. Furthermore Chase rarely gives out auto-CLIs. It made me feel all the more appreciated as a customer.

Their love for me has not gone unrewarded. My Chase cards are my go to cards. The bulk of my spending goes through Chase. I always pay my bills before the due date, sometimes making several payments in a month (and paying in full when I can). They treat me good, so I return the love. Smiley Happy

i wonder if the auto CLI on your freedom was due, at least in part, to your approval for the Ink (due to the timing of the CLI)

@i experienced something similar with BofA - i  was approved for BofA Cash rewards (approved for visa sggy @ $10k CL)

lo and behold, i was given an unexpected  auto CLI (up from $8k to $9.4k) on my BofA visa gold card.

a nice 2-for-the-price-of-1 HP deal Smiley Happy

congrats!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 19
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

will companies do love to CLI you to $5,000 limits cause then it's upgraded to a Visa signiture, and the merchant fees rises per transaction cost =)

i my experience re CLI > $5k, it's not an automatic upgrade to visa signature

my chase freedom started out in 2009 at $4.6k and was auto CLI'd to $6k by the time i rec'd my 2nd statement. no visa siggy. i recently requested and was approved for a CLI to $10k... still not visa siggy.

same with BofA - my plain vanilla visa gold started out >$5k in 2008 and was auto CLI'd in increments to $8k.. no visa siggy

Message 17 of 19
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

Chase Bank loves me! and I love them too. I don't know, there must be something about me that fit their profile of the ideal customer as they've been nothing but good to me. The fact that they are my primary bank (I have both a checking and savings account with them), and I have my paycheck direct deposited into my account with them must be a factor. They gave me my first big prime card last year when I apped for the freedom card in my mini app-o-rama. I got the pending further review message,  but when I called in they approved it after I verified my identification at the local branch.

As if that wasn't nice enough, they truly showed their appreciation for me as a customer at the end of 2012 by approving me for a Chase Ink Cash Business card with a $7000 starting limit. I did have to do a relatively long interview over the phone with a business credit analyst to get it but all in all it was a courteous and polite exchange.

The love continued into 2013. After running my credit report last week, I noticed that my available credit went up. Given that I haven't applied for anything new recently, I knew there must be a CLI somewhere on one of my cards. Going through my report card by card, I eventually saw that my Freedom card's limit had been increased from $2200 to $5000. That's a more than doubling of the original credit limit!!!

I was really not expecting it as I hear Chase can be stingy when it comes on to CLIs. Furthermore Chase rarely gives out auto-CLIs. It made me feel all the more appreciated as a customer.

Their love for me has not gone unrewarded. My Chase cards are my go to cards. The bulk of my spending goes through Chase. I always pay my bills before the due date, sometimes making several payments in a month (and paying in full when I can). They treat me good, so I return the love. Smiley Happy

I hope they auto cli me. Pushing 1k a month on it and PIF.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 18 of 19
colindidit
Established Contributor

I just nearly maxed out  my credit card paid it off and at 50 percent right now...should i spend a little more then pay it off. Will that liken my chance for a cli? I only have 600 on this card.

Im not trying to ask for one and get another hard pull and only get 200 dollars... would the fact that i was increased just in november factor in?

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.