Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE loves me! BIG Auto-CLI

tag
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

CHASE loves me! BIG Auto-CLI

Chase Bank loves me! and I love them too. I don't know, there must be something about me that fit their profile of the ideal customer as they've been nothing but good to me. The fact that they are my primary bank (I have both a checking and savings account with them), and I have my paycheck direct deposited into my account with them must be a factor. They gave me my first big prime card last year when I apped for the freedom card in my mini app-o-rama. I got the pending further review message,  but when I called in they approved it after I verified my identification at the local branch.

As if that wasn't nice enough, they truly showed their appreciation for me as a customer at the end of 2012 by approving me for a Chase Ink Cash Business card with a $7000 starting limit. I did have to do a relatively long interview over the phone with a business credit analyst to get it but all in all it was a courteous and polite exchange.

The love continued into 2013. After running my credit report last week, I noticed that my available credit went up. Given that I haven't applied for anything new recently, I knew there must be a CLI somewhere on one of my cards. Going through my report card by card, I eventually saw that my Freedom card's limit had been increased from $2200 to $5000. That's a more than doubling of the original credit limit!!!

I was really not expecting it as I hear Chase can be stingy when it comes on to CLIs. Furthermore Chase rarely gives out auto-CLIs. It made me feel all the more appreciated as a customer.

Their love for me has not gone unrewarded. My Chase cards are my go to cards. The bulk of my spending goes through Chase. I always pay my bills before the due date, sometimes making several payments in a month (and paying in full when I can). They treat me good, so I return the love. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE loves me! BIG Auto-CLI

I bank with them too, also I don't have yet a cc with them thier CS is top notch, in thier branches and over the phone, the day will come when I can get rid of crap1 and have them as my cc issuer.

Message 2 of 19
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

When I first opened my bank account with them, they denied me one of their personal credit card. Chase is a prime lender so they like to see you build history with others first before they take a chance on you. However, once you get in with them, they are golden (providing you treat them right) and their customer service is second to none.

I also had Cap One before I kicked them to the curb once I outgrew them. Eventually you will escape the Crap One trap and be in with Chase and other big prime lenders. Having an existing banking relationship with Chase is always a plus. I think they have an internal score thing that they use to evaluate their customers. Just continue buidling your credit and app when you believe you are in a very strong position. Smiley Happy

And if denied, don't be afraid to Recon. I find that Chase can be accomodating if you can explain the shortcoming on your credit profile and why you should qualify for a particular card. Yes they are strict, but they are willing to negotiate.

Message 3 of 19
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

DH got a Chase Freedom several months ago. He was actually declined initially, but got approved for $500 on recon. We weren't expecting any CLIs for a long time, but one day I noticed it had increased to $1000. Not a huge credit limit, but much appreciated. Hopefully he'll have a nice limit like yours eventually.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 4 of 19
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

Chase sometimes start people out with low limits. Especially if you have somewhat limited credit history or a borderline credit profile for the particular card. However their upper limits go really high so their is tremendous growth opportunity with them. There are people with Chase cards that have $30, 000+ and $40, 000+ limits.

Message 5 of 19
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the auto-CLI and great experiences you are having with Chase. That's great. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 19
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I am hoping that Chase increasaes my CL at the 6 month mark and its coming up in a few months Smiley Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 7 of 19
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i am hoping to get one on my freedom soon....i am going to try for one when it hits a year....i am planing on trying to get a CLI on my CSP and United on the same pull if possible.

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 8 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

Chase sometimes start people out with low limits. Especially if you have somewhat limited credit history or a borderline credit profile for the particular card. However their upper limits go really high so their is tremendous growth opportunity with them. There are people with Chase cards that have $30, 000+ and $40, 000+ limits.

i agree! chase denied me for a card back in feb of last year. (i had a 1.5year aaoa but they dont count store cards) 

july they granted me a 500 freedom. (i had one bank card report for 500 and chase matched that. )

i applied over the phone and stated income was 20k no rent/bills(i just turned 21 and still lived with my parents) 

in november they auto cli to 1k. 

since then i have gained a 5k card so hopefully in the near future they will give me another auto cli. 

otherwise in jan of 14 ill take the hard when i apply for my second amex so the inq's will age together. 

i havent contacted cs over the phone or the branch but the online chat has worked well for me. 

so far i have nothing but good things to say about chase. (they also handle my 401k lol) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 19
distantarray
Established Contributor

will companies do love to CLI you to $5,000 limits cause then it's upgraded to a Visa signiture, and the merchant fees rises per transaction cost =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.