Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI on Cap One Quicksilver through EO

tag
fungoman
Regular Contributor

Re: CLI on Cap One Quicksilver through EO

Yes - I tried the button and was denied because of too many inquiries which are almost all over a year old and associated with building a new house. They ding you for preapproval, before closing, and I was lucky enough to be dinged after closing. Only other inquiries are from auto loan shopping last summer and Capital One actually ended up with my loan. My CL is 2700 right now. I requested 5k. I havent used this card much, but just PC'ed to a quicksilver. I intend to start putting more volume through it as a backup to my AMEX BCP where Amex isnt accepted. My wife and I are brand new to the cash back game as we had been running everything through our debit cards. We just changed it up to run through cash back cards.

On another note...this card is over 7 years old and wasnt originally with Capital One. I have never manually requested a CLI on this card.

Message 11 of 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@sghosh5 wrote:

Capital One gave me aother CLI in about 1.5 months on both of my Quicksilver cards to make them $3000 each. Started with $300 & $500 limits on both of them last year around April & May. Less than a year and after multiple CLIs (5 or more), today i am here. Thanks Cap One. 

Congrats on your CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 31
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

It does not matter as long as it is a Capital One card now, they will consider you for CLI. You should have asked for more CLI, e.g. $7000. I sually ask a very high amount and then they counter with a much lower Smiley Happy 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 13 of 31
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

Thanks. Do you guys have any idea that Cap One EO can waive the annual fees? I have $39 on one card and $19 on another.

yup, they can and usually will give you a credit back to your account for them.

Congratulations, OP!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 14 of 31
fungoman
Regular Contributor

Sorry I kind of hijacked your thread...lol. Congrats again!

Message 15 of 31
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

You asked relevant questions Smiley Happy thanks

Message 16 of 31
fungoman
Regular Contributor

SGHOSH:

How long once the EO first contacted you till you got your CLI? She told me today it would go to underwriters and possibly be 3-5 business days till they make a decision.

Message 17 of 31
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

They contacted me on 13th and got the CLI today. Usually it takes about 3 working days.

Message 18 of 31
alvon123
Super Contributor

great job!!!

Message 19 of 31
ultimatefighter
Valued Member

@sghosh5 wrote:

Capital One gave me aother CLI in about 1.5 months on both of my Quicksilver cards to make them $3000 each. Started with $300 & $500 limits on both of them last year around April & May. Less than a year and after multiple CLIs (5 or more), today i am here. Thanks Cap One. 

Congrats!! Curious, you mentioned 5 or more CLIs over about a year. So did you make these CLI requests every 2 months? Were they auto? Did you have to recon them? I'm hoping to increase my CLI too but trying to find how frequently I should be asking with a moderate hope of success!

Current Score: EQUIFAX 706
Current Score: EXPERIAN 712
Current Score: TRANS UNION 722
BK in 10/2005

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.