Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI on activation

tag
bl00dymary
Valued Member

CLI on activation

Has anyone tried this?  I've heard you can usually get approved for an increase on the spot if you ask for one when you activate the card.  Is there something in particular I should say?  I tried with my Wamu recently and they told me they do the CLIs automatically on a review basis and were not autherized to give them upon asking.   So I recently got approved for a Best Buy  card with a $500. limit.  Seriously world, WTH am I going to buy at Best Buy for under $500?  So I intend to give the CLI on activation another shot with them when the card arrives.  Otherwise I guess I can always stock up on batteries :/ .  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ask?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI on activation

You can activate online and request a CLI from your dash board, or call in to activate and ask then... However this process does not guarantee a soft INQ. Some do hard INQ some don't. Citi does, Amex doesn't, etc. Smiley Wink

Rob
Message 2 of 8
bl00dymary
Valued Member

I'm not seeing that option on thier website.  I think I only own one card that actually has a link to request a CLI.  When you request- do they charge you a fee?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bl00dymary wrote:
I'm not seeing that option on thier website.  I think I only own one card that actually has a link to request a CLI.  When you request- do they charge you a fee?

No fee... Best Buy Visa or Best Buy Charge (store card) no fee to request an increase.

Rob
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a hard inquiry for a US Bank CLI using the online application request. I got approved but **ughhh frustration**!!! I don't plan on making any big moves besides renting an apartment, but I'll take the hits early on in my credit career.
Message 5 of 8
TrishN
Established Contributor

That's maybe right ...Smiley Happy)

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

While some banks like Barclay, GE (Walmart, and Lowes top that list of best)

CLI at activation is 2 different things to me since "Most" times you are going through either an automated system or a call center in another country that has nothing to do with the CL or CLI.

Other note is Best Buy use to have a "B" plan account that was kind of fixed with no growth and a $500 CL on the store sounds like a B, unlesss now Cap1 and they stopped the B plan.

Message 7 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got a hard inquiry for a US Bank CLI using the online application request. I got approved but **ughhh frustration**!!! I don't plan on making any big moves besides renting an apartment, but I'll take the hits early on in my credit career.

Wow that's hurt......yeah thats why i always call and confirmed the rep like 3 times wait 4 times question"" If its gonna be a Hp ??? """ lol....Called in always best for me.........

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.