Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI or no?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI or no?

Very nice SL especially with Barclays. That great TU score did wonders. 

Message 11 of 18
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on Barclay approval......

Message 12 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats on the Barclays approval

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lambo003 wrote:
Instead of increasing the credit limit on the student card I decided to app for another card today. I was approved for Barclay's Ring card with a $5,000 credit limit instantly after applying onlin ! I was really surprised that I received a limit so high. Now I'm going to garden for another 6-12 months being that I don't forsee any other loans in the near future other than more student loans.

Congrats!

Message 14 of 18
lambo003
Contributor

Thanks everyone ! :-)
Barclaycard Ring $5,000 | Discover It $2,000 | Bank of America Cash Back Rewards $1,500 | TeachersFCU $500
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lambo003 wrote:
Instead of increasing the credit limit on the student card I decided to app for another card today. I was approved for Barclay's Ring card with a $5,000 credit limit instantly after applying onlin ! I was really surprised that I received a limit so high. Now I'm going to garden for another 6-12 months being that I don't forsee any other loans in the near future other than more student loans.

I was going to suggest the BArclay Ring card since you were very specific about wanting a low interest rate. Congrats on your approval!! With regards to your BOA credit card, BOA very rarely, if at all, give auto CLIs. You would have to take a HP and request a CLI increase from them. If you are looking to increase your limit with them, then wait until your Ring card reports on your TU report and submit your request. Aim high because they usually counter.

Keep up the good work and welcome to the Ring Family!!!

Message 16 of 18
lambo003
Contributor

Thanks for the info beautifulblaquepearl about BOA. I very had the card for a little over a year now and have not received any auto CLI but that explains it. My discover card gave me two auto CLI and I got the BOA and Discover at the same time. I was considering requesting a credit increase but I didn't want to do a hard pull. And are you a part of the Ring community? It says it's one of the benefits of being a cardholder of Barclay Ring. What is your opinion on it if your a part of it.
Barclaycard Ring $5,000 | Discover It $2,000 | Bank of America Cash Back Rewards $1,500 | TeachersFCU $500
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lambo003 wrote:
Thanks for the info beautifulblaquepearl about BOA. I very had the card for a little over a year now and have not received any auto CLI but that explains it. My discover card gave me two auto CLI and I got the BOA and Discover at the same time. I was considering requesting a credit increase but I didn't want to do a hard pull. And are you a part of the Ring community? It says it's one of the benefits of being a cardholder of Barclay Ring. What is your opinion on it if your a part of it.

You are welcome lambo003. I haven't spent much time reading information in the community, so I can't really comment on it. However, for the most part, I like the benefits the card offers. Since I got it, I have used the card 3 times. Recently, I requested a CLI and was approved for 3K. I have had my card since April 2015. I applied for it because of the low interest rate. Just in case I ever need to carry a balance and I don't have any 0% introductory offers. To date, it's my lowest APR card. Best wishes!!!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.