Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI request through Capital One Executive Office

tag
Sorainzo
Valued Member

Re: CLI request through Capital One Executive Office

Wow, awesome! Thanks for the information.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
My Current Cards: Capital One Cash Rewards - $5000, Chase Amazon Rewards - $1400, Citi Secured - $300, U.S. Bank Secured - $300, Firestone CFNA Card - $1200
Message 11 of 17
Boragard
Established Contributor

the luv button has NEVER worked for me.  The EO office only gave me a $250 bump, but i guess it beats nothing.

Message 12 of 17
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Congrats! I recently went from 3k to 10k. They were very helpful!

Message 13 of 17
Xarth
Established Member

Ya...I basically told that although I really like the card, I had several others that had double my CL.  I told them that I like to stay well under 30% util and that it's very difficult with my current limit.  A few days later and it worked like a charm.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $26k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $5k | Chase Amazon Prime $5k | Discover IT $14.8k | Amex BCP $18k | Citi Double Cash $6.3k | Citi Diamond Preferred $7.8k | Citi ThankYou Premier $7.9k | Duck Card $5k | Sportsman's Guide Visa $7.6k | Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Mastercard $10.1k | Barclay Commence 14.5k | Capital One Venture $18k | Wells Fargo Rewards $3.2k
Message 14 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

C1 once gave me a $3700 cli bringing me to a total of $5000 from 1300 this time last year. I've contacted them a few times since then, and they have refused. Ugh... Guess $5000 w C1 isn't much to complain about. But $10000 is so much better. Hahaha
Congrats to everyone who has gotten anything from Crap 1
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 17
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
C1 once gave me a $3700 cli bringing me to a total of $5000 from 1300 this time last year. I've contacted them a few times since then, and they have refused. Ugh... Guess $5000 w C1 isn't much to complain about. But $10000 is so much better. Hahaha
Congrats to everyone who has gotten anything from Crap 1

I think this forum and maybe a few others have challenged their business practices.  I don't think they know what to do any more.  I think all the use/abuse we have done to the EO has caused them to change their strategy once again.  It seems like in the beginning it was much easier to get them to do things and now they have had to rethink it again.  I can't wait to see what happens at the six month mark with my Signature card with them!  I have a strange feeling that will get better treatment than the other two accounts!  When they raised your limit to $5000, did they upgrade your account?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah... It's very irritating to see people who jiat got an account complaining when I had my 1300 limit for six years before contacting the EO to get a cli.
Ive always been able to get upgrades through normal CSRs. I've gotten a 1.25% cash on all purchases upgrade in 2011 then this past Aug, I got an upgrade to Venture. I've even tried to get them to lower my ugly 17.9% APR and no dice. I guess use will just be minimal at best on this card. Never though I'd be so upset with a $5k cl haha. But $10k on every account is the new goal. Lmao
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.