Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's with Juniper

tag
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

CLI's with Juniper

Does anyone know if Juniper does a hard pull if you ask for a CLI??
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI's with Juniper

I just called and asked. They do soft pulls but they also monitor your credit score so if the score drops they can drop your CL. I was told they usually do automatic CLI's in 6-9 months of an account opening.
Message 2 of 19
Vapchez
Valued Member

Does anyone currently have this card/company?  They keep sending me offers and the interest rate is 8.99% fixed for purchases and balance transfers, no annual fee, and 15.74% for cash advances.  Upon closer reading, the default rate is 32.24% variable.  
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vapchez wrote:
Does anyone currently have this card/company?  They keep sending me offers and the interest rate is 8.99% fixed for purchases and balance transfers, no annual fee, and 15.74% for cash advances.  Upon closer reading, the default rate is 32.24% variable.  

I've got the Juniper (now Barclays) Osh Kosh CC. Default rates are generally very high, and the moral to the story is not to go into default. Smiley Wink

Which partner CC is offering 8.99%?

Message 4 of 19
Vapchez
Valued Member

I'll have to look that up when I get home and let you know although I think it is coming straight from Juniper. I definitely don't plan to default so not too worried about that rate.   How long have you had your card?  Have you had any hidden fees? How is their customer service department?  Do you have access to your account online?  Can you pay online with no fee?  Thanks!

Message Edited by Vapchez on 07-19-2007 10:17 AM
Message 5 of 19
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have had a Caseys/Juniper/Barclays for a couple of months.  All seems OK so far.  Emailed customer service and got a rapid response.  Talked to them and they knew what was happening.  On line access, pay electronically, updates well, reports CL to the CRAs the day the account is opened and on the statement date.

And
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 19
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have had a Caseys/Juniper/Barclays for a couple of months.  All seems OK so far.  Emailed customer service and got a rapid response.  Talked to them and they knew what was happening.  On line access, pay electronically, updates well, reports CL to the CRAs the day the account is opened and on the statement date.

And Gas reqards cards  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 07-19-2007 12:20 PM
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vapchez wrote:
How long have you had your card?  Have you had any hidden fees? How is their customer service department?  Do you have access to your account online?  Can you pay online with no fee?  Thanks!

Just got mine in the last month. One thing I really liked was they reported the positive TL right away once the CC was issued, even before I received the CC.

No hidden fees, and customer service is very good. BTs have a fee (3% for mine), but they told me about that when I signed up.

English speaking, very knowledgeable, and clear with their words.

Yep, I can access the account online, pay online, and no fees. Can schedule payments and even schedule automatic minimum payments (thereby avoiding the danger of a missed payment and 30 day late on CRs).

Emails alerts.

CCs I'd gotten in my name only (not joint with DW) were Crap One ($300 CL) and Chase ($400). Chase only after a recon. Barclays/Juniper gave me a $2500 CL.

Message 8 of 19
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:

Emails alerts.

Forgot that.  I have set up email alerts with them and Chase, and they function pretty well
Message 9 of 19
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I just got the card in the mail yesterday but Ive called CS just to get a feel on how they are and will be if I have an issue and they are by far one of the best Ive dealt with. They even helped track down the delay in processing my second CC app for Futuretrust while I was on the phone and they were always pleasant and courteous on the phone. If you can get one from them I would highly recommend them.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.