cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???

Established Contributor

CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???

Okay, so as you all know from my previous post, I got a CLI (SP) through Citi. I had applied for the Chase Freedom a few days later after I got approved for my CSP. I've called the recon line twice to see if they'd approve me for the Chase Freedom, and got declined both times. They said they wanted to see more activity on my CSP before they approve me for the Freedom card. They also mentioned my Citi card was almost maxed out (which was because I did a balance transfer for as much as I could since I have a 0% till Jan 14'. Since I received the increase to my Citi Thank you Preferred, my UTL is better than before now, obviously.

 

Do you think that it would make a difference and called them back and let them know I received an increase through Citi bank, and to see if they'd approve me for the Freedom?

Chase Sapphire Reserve-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???


zeusta20 wrote:

Okay, so as you all know from my previous post, I got a CLI (SP) through Citi. I had applied for the Chase Freedom a few days later after I got approved for my CSP. I've called the recon line twice to see if they'd approve me for the Chase Freedom, and got declined both times. They said they wanted to see more activity on my CSP before they approve me for the Freedom card. They also mentioned my Citi card was almost maxed out (which was because I did a balance transfer for as much as I could since I have a 0% till Jan 14'. Since I received the increase to my Citi Thank you Preferred, my UTL is better than before now, obviously.

 

Do you think that it would make a difference and called them back and let them know I received an increase through Citi bank, and to see if they'd approve me for the Freedom?


the easiest way is to just use ur CSP for a few months, like they said.

use it for 3-6 months without any issues, and you're pretty much guaranteed to be approve.

there's no point in risking another HP now for no reason, unless you plan to purchase a lot of stuff that falls under 5% category, then you could try to explain to Chase about your "urgency."

Other than that, it probably won't help much. They're still going to concerned with the amount of debt you have on your Citi card, unless your income is high enough to make that amount of debt seem totally insignificant.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???

Well what about if I called the recon line and have them do a SP? I don't plan on doing a HP (since i'm in the garden) Smiley Wink

 

 

Chase Sapphire Reserve-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 3 of 11
Moderator Emerita

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???

Why get a $500-$1000 CL if they approve you now? - when you can get a much higher one in 3-6 mos.
Message 4 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???

I think I'm just wanting it more for the rewards combo with my CSP. But you're right.
Chase Sapphire Reserve-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 5 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???

Chase isnt good with auto CLI (from what I've read).

ALL customer initiated CLI are HP, no exceptions. 
So it's best to just start with a high CL.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???

Attention Atention zuesta pls report to the garden Smiley Wink


zeusta20 wrote:
I think I'm just wanting it more for the rewards combo with my CSP. But you're right.



Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???

Wow! I have never heard of anyone getting approved for the prestigious CSP and then declined the Freedom...usually it is the other way around. Congrats on the CSP!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 8 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???


MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Wow! I have never heard of anyone getting approved for the prestigious CSP and then declined the Freedom...usually it is the other way around. Congrats on the CSP!

I know right?! They told me it was because they wanted to see some activity on the CSP first.

Chase Sapphire Reserve-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 9 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: CLI with Citi...Recon with Chase Freedom possible???


myjourney wrote:

Attention Atention zuesta pls report to the garden Smiley Wink


zeusta20 wrote:
I think I'm just wanting it more for the rewards combo with my CSP. But you're right.




Hey now! Hey! I wasn't going to do any HP's lol. I was just gonna have them recon my original application. I had already applied for this one BEFORE I joined the Garden.lol.

Chase Sapphire Reserve-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 10 of 11