Reply
Regular Contributor
jennylocha
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎11-24-2012
0

CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!

Okay...... so after reading different posts on how to get credit increases I tried exactly what everyone was doing and this is my success story:

 

I emailed Cap One about my two credit accounts  (Plat Mastercard / Cash Rewards) and waited for a response in which I got a few hours after the email was sent. That was last Monday and so my accts are today:

 

Plat Mastercard ($1000) ---> after call with EO now a Cash Rewards with $2500 limit!

Cash Rewards ($1000) ---> after call with EO now with $2000 limit!  Note: this is the second time I've requested a credit increase for this card with success, it started off with $500 and I just got it last month!

 

So I opened quite a few GE cards starting in July 2012 and my last was Jan 2013. After reading quite a few posts about trying every 4-6 months I rounded up the cards that I thought should be eligible. To my surprise, when I pushed the love button online for each card it was declined (PERFECT PAYMENT HISTORY on ALL!). So I read a poster board that had people saying they made phone calls and were asked about the amounts they wanted and their income so I followed suit and these are the results:

 

Carecredit from $1000 ---> today $3000 (my longest card since 2008)

Macy's (not GE) from $300 ---> today $1000

Lowes from $300 ---> today $1000

Gap from $200 ---> today $400

JC Penny from $200 ---> today $450

 

No go on Walmart, Express (haven't used yet), Victoria's Secret (says to have the card for 9 mths)

 

I have acquired all of these cards last year and already I am seeing the growth which makes me SOOOOO happy. I have 100% on time payments on all and Most are paid off. I recently apped for the R Us Card at the checkout as I was buying something for my 4 year old and was stoked to get approved with a $500 limit! With a 4 year old, you KNOW I will be using this card! I have followed every positive thing on this forum, so I am gardening now until 2014 for the primers. No more apping until my credit score and inquiries feel like butter. THANK YOU TO ALL the moderators and frequent posters that answer my questions. Please keep them coming!

GOALS: 700 club to join the Discover and Chase family.

 

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,585
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!


jennylocha wrote:

Okay...... so after reading different posts on how to get credit increases I tried exactly what everyone was doing and this is my success story:

 

I emailed Cap One about my two credit accounts  (Plat Mastercard / Cash Rewards) and waited for a response in which I got a few hours after the email was sent. That was last Monday and so my accts are today:

 

Plat Mastercard ($1000) ---> after call with EO now a Cash Rewards with $2500 limit!

Cash Rewards ($1000) ---> after call with EO now with $2000 limit!  Note: this is the second time I've requested a credit increase for this card with success, it started off with $500 and I just got it last month!

 

So I opened quite a few GE cards starting in July 2012 and my last was Jan 2013. After reading quite a few posts about trying every 4-6 months I rounded up the cards that I thought should be eligible. To my surprise, when I pushed the love button online for each card it was declined (PERFECT PAYMENT HISTORY on ALL!). So I read a poster board that had people saying they made phone calls and were asked about the amounts they wanted and their income so I followed suit and these are the results:

 

Carecredit from $1000 ---> today $3000 (my longest card since 2008)

Macy's (not GE) from $300 ---> today $1000

Lowes from $300 ---> today $1000

Gap from $200 ---> today $400

JC Penny from $200 ---> today $450

 

No go on Walmart, Express (haven't used yet), Victoria's Secret (says to have the card for 9 mths)

 

I have acquired all of these cards last year and already I am seeing the growth which makes me SOOOOO happy. I have 100% on time payments on all and Most are paid off. I recently apped for the R Us Card at the checkout as I was buying something for my 4 year old and was stoked to get approved with a $500 limit! With a 4 year old, you KNOW I will be using this card! I have followed every positive thing on this forum, so I am gardening now until 2014 for the primers. No more apping until my credit score and inquiries feel like butter. THANK YOU TO ALL the moderators and frequent posters that answer my questions. Please keep them coming!

GOALS: 700 club to join the Discover and Chase family.

 


Congrats on all your CLI's! I agree it is time to garden those CC's and watch those auto CL's increase! :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
SE7EN57
Posts: 178
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!

From the current scores you have in your sig I don't see why you couldn't get approved for a Discover it card now. I was just approved for one with the scores in my sig and 11 month history.

 photo d132202e-50dc-4d73-9df2-1f138f451209_zps8ca7acb4.jpg
Regular Contributor
jennylocha
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎11-24-2012
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!


09Lexie wrote:

Congrats on all your CLI's! I agree it is time to garden those CC's and watch those auto CL's increase! :smileyhappy:


Thank you 09Lexie! I have been using all of my cards a few at a time for small purchases and then paying them off or letting very few carry balances. I think that was a factor in the decision, they do check that I was using the cards. I can't wait for all of these increases to report as I am already at 28% UTI!

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Regular Contributor
jennylocha
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎11-24-2012
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!


SE7EN57 wrote:

From the current scores you have in your sig I don't see why you couldn't get approved for a Discover it card now. I was just approved for one with the scores in my sig and 11 month history.


Nope! I already tried this month and was shot down due to too many inquiries and one baddie thats still reporting from 2009. I am on a payment plan with that lender and should be paid off this year (only $1000). I tried to recon twice and they told me that I have to spend some time hugging my current credit lines and then try again. I will try next year, I want to have some of these inquiries age a bit before my next app.....2014 seems ideal for me!  :smileywink:

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,585
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!


jennylocha wrote:

SE7EN57 wrote:

From the current scores you have in your sig I don't see why you couldn't get approved for a Discover it card now. I was just approved for one with the scores in my sig and 11 month history.


Nope! I already tried this month and was shot down due to too many inquiries and one baddie thats still reporting from 2009. I am on a payment plan with that lender and should be paid off this year (only $1000). I tried to recon twice and they told me that I have to spend some time hugging my current credit lines and then try again. I will try next year, I want to have some of these inquiries age a bit before my next app.....2014 seems ideal for me!  :smileywink:


Sounds like a plan! :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
jayrock24
Posts: 125
Registered: ‎08-28-2011
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!

yeah i agree walmart is tuff to get increase with i have macys that went from 300 to 1000 creditone  500 firstpremier from 300 to 625 firstpremier from 400 to 600 walmart stuck at 500 for 8 months cap1 rewards stuck at 750 for 11 months care credit 2000 starting limit havent tried to increase yet barclays 500 amazon 600 and fingerhut 1350

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Regular Contributor
jayrock24
Posts: 125
Registered: ‎08-28-2011
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!

my tu 667 not sure what eq was when discover pulled friday but sure its higher that tu and ex faco 653 from ex credit expert discover pulls eq and sumtimes tu they pulled both of mines if this helps

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Posts: 3,690
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!

by any chance was your macys cli a hard pull?

Contributor
Diabolically_Random
Posts: 121
Registered: ‎02-05-2013
0

Re: CREDIT INCREASES all thanks to this forum!!!

I just got a CLI from Macys taking me from 500 to 1500 and have only had the card for about 5 months.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}