cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP approved w/40k bonus points after $2k spent. Yes, $2k.

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

CSP approved w/40k bonus points after $2k spent. Yes, $2k.

Chase and Amex soft pulled me on October 5th. I went to a Chase branch after that and found branch-only preapprovals for Slate and United.

Chase and Amex soft pulled me again on October 27th. I went to a branch again today and had a new preapproval for Sapphire or Preferred. I'm working on a Discover promotion right now, so I had been planning to wait until January to app for the CSP, but the PR approval got me excited, and something caught my eye: if you apply in-branch, the 40,000 point sign-up bonus comes after only $2,000 in spending!

Apped and approved instantly for a $5,000 flexible spending line. Having the card expedited by UPS -- hopefully it gets here in time for Black Friday. Had to stop myself from applying for the Slate too out of excitement.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
HiLine
Blogger

Re: CSP approved w/40k bonus points after $2k spent. Yes, $2k.

Congratulations! That's a brilliant strategy!

Message 2 of 17
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Some more info at time of approval:

TU FICO c/o Walmart is 753. Only 6% utilization across the board -- $2,540 balance on Chase Freedom (51% util on that card), $0 elsewhere. Newest account is 1 month old, average age of accounts is 2 years 5 months, oldest account is about 4 and a half years. Debt-to-income including loans is probably about 60%.

Frankly I'm getting surprised at these approvals considering I have well over my annual income in revolving credit at this point.

EDIT: They pullex Experian, which had 5 hard pulls (2 in the last 12 months) before theirs.

EDIT 2: They also pulled Equifax, which had 11 hard pulls (3 in the last 12 months) before theirs. They probably pulled this one first.

Message 3 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:
Chase and Amex soft pulled me on October 5th. I went to a Chase branch after that and found branch-only preapprovals for Slate and United.

Chase and Amex soft pulled me again on October 27th. I went to a branch again today and had a new preapproval for Sapphire or Preferred. I'm working on a Discover promotion right now, so I had been planning to wait until January to app for the CSP, but the PR approval got me excited, and something caught my eye: if you apply in-branch, the 40,000 point sign-up bonus comes after only $2,000 in spending!

Apped and approved instantly for a $5,000 flexible spending line. Having the card expedited by UPS -- hopefully it gets here in time for Black Friday. Had to stop myself from applying for the Slate too out of excitement.

Wow!! Wish I knew that before I applied for the regular Sapphire X( Not stepping out of the garden for this though, but good to know to check in-store first before apping online!

Message 4 of 17
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Wow!! Wish I knew that before I applied for the regular Sapphire X( Not stepping out of the garden for this though, but good to know to check in-store first before apping online!

Yeah, Chase is really good about offering its deposit customers special perks (take a look at the new Freedom exclusives, for instance). And even the pre-approvals were only available on the deposit side -- I called the credit department first and they couldn't find any evidence of them on their end.

Message 5 of 17
djc0198765

Congrats!  I am waiting on my CSP card to come in the mail also.  Wish I knew about the offer in branch, I have a Chase Branch IN my building!

Message 6 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 17
ricefed
Contributor

I just got mine in the mail today. It's a beautiful card.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 8 of 17
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

what product do you use to see soft pulls? 

i thought you had to do it via the ca itself. 

i know with my bank if your pre approved via soft there is no hard inq if you accept. 

but hard for just about everything else. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 17
exdll1
Established Member

I also bank at chase I have their premier plus checking and savings. They pull me off the line and told me I had a real pre approvel for freedom and slate, I took the freedom. Now I wish I knew that if I would of applied for csp in branch I would of got a better deal,, but I'm looking at the United Club card but dont know if I should wait since I just got csp this month

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.