Frequent Contributor

CSP approved w/40k bonus points after $2k spent. Yes, $2k.

Chase and Amex soft pulled me on October 5th. I went to a Chase branch after that and found branch-only preapprovals for Slate and United.

Chase and Amex soft pulled me again on October 27th. I went to a branch again today and had a new preapproval for Sapphire or Preferred. I'm working on a Discover promotion right now, so I had been planning to wait until January to app for the CSP, but the PR approval got me excited, and something caught my eye: if you apply in-branch, the 40,000 point sign-up bonus comes after only $2,000 in spending!

Apped and approved instantly for a $5,000 flexible spending line. Having the card expedited by UPS -- hopefully it gets here in time for Black Friday. Had to stop myself from applying for the Slate too out of excitement.
Blogger

Re: CSP approved w/40k bonus points after $2k spent. Yes, $2k.

Congratulations! That's a brilliant strategy!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some more info at time of approval:

TU FICO c/o Walmart is 753. Only 6% utilization across the board -- $2,540 balance on Chase Freedom (51% util on that card), $0 elsewhere. Newest account is 1 month old, average age of accounts is 2 years 5 months, oldest account is about 4 and a half years. Debt-to-income including loans is probably about 60%.

Frankly I'm getting surprised at these approvals considering I have well over my annual income in revolving credit at this point.

EDIT: They pullex Experian, which had 5 hard pulls (2 in the last 12 months) before theirs.

EDIT 2: They also pulled Equifax, which had 11 hard pulls (3 in the last 12 months) before theirs. They probably pulled this one first.

Valued Contributor

SwampSystems wrote:
Chase and Amex soft pulled me on October 5th. I went to a Chase branch after that and found branch-only preapprovals for Slate and United.

Chase and Amex soft pulled me again on October 27th. I went to a branch again today and had a new preapproval for Sapphire or Preferred. I'm working on a Discover promotion right now, so I had been planning to wait until January to app for the CSP, but the PR approval got me excited, and something caught my eye: if you apply in-branch, the 40,000 point sign-up bonus comes after only $2,000 in spending!

Apped and approved instantly for a $5,000 flexible spending line. Having the card expedited by UPS -- hopefully it gets here in time for Black Friday. Had to stop myself from applying for the Slate too out of excitement.

Wow!! Wish I knew that before I applied for the regular Sapphire X( Not stepping out of the garden for this though, but good to know to check in-store first before apping online!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $20k | JCPenney Gold $10k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $13.7k | Discover IT $14.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k | American Express BCE $11.3k

FICOS: EX 756 EQ 735 TU 752 VantageScore 3.0: EX 741 EQ 744 TU 745 Credit Sesame (EX) 748 Credit.com (EX) 792 CapOne (TU) 787 Quizzle (EQ) 749
Frequent Contributor

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Wow!! Wish I knew that before I applied for the regular Sapphire X( Not stepping out of the garden for this though, but good to know to check in-store first before apping online!

Yeah, Chase is really good about offering its deposit customers special perks (take a look at the new Freedom exclusives, for instance). And even the pre-approvals were only available on the deposit side -- I called the credit department first and they couldn't find any evidence of them on their end.

Congrats!  I am waiting on my CSP card to come in the mail also.  Wish I knew about the offer in branch, I have a Chase Branch IN my building!

Valued Contributor

Very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Contributor

I just got mine in the mail today. It's a beautiful card.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Valued Contributor

what product do you use to see soft pulls? 

i thought you had to do it via the ca itself. 

i know with my bank if your pre approved via soft there is no hard inq if you accept. 

but hard for just about everything else. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9

2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Established Member

I also bank at chase I have their premier plus checking and savings. They pull me off the line and told me I had a real pre approvel for freedom and slate, I took the freedom. Now I wish I knew that if I would of applied for csp in branch I would of got a better deal,, but I'm looking at the United Club card but dont know if I should wait since I just got csp this month

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.