Did you mean: 

CSP instant approval.... with a soft pull? LOL

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP instant approval.... with a soft pull? LOL

@zyzzus wrote:

I froze my reports the other day.  

While at work making a deposit to my account a cowork told me i had a pre-approval I asked which one and just parking lotted it.

Decided today to bite the bullet and it was instantly approved for 5k which surprised the hell out of me. 

Just backdoored exp which is what was pulled and I see a soft from last month but no hard inq.  Ill update I laughed so hard when she told me I was instantly approved. 

Just as FYI if you already had a Chase account they can HP you even with your CRAs frozen.  that just my experience though, I would check your report just to make sure.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 11 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on your success

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 28
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Awesome CL with an sp!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

While at work making a deposit to my account a cowork told me i had a pre-approval I asked which one and just parking lotted it.

Decided today to bite the bullet and it was instantly approved for 5k which surprised the hell out of me. 

Just backdoored exp which is what was pulled and I see a soft from last month but no hard inq.  Ill update I laughed so hard when she told me I was instantly approved. 

Sounds like your EX file may not be froze after all.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

You would know better than anyone, can't they still pull your CR if you have an account with them... even if they're frozen.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 15 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

You would know better than anyone, can't they still pull your CR if you have an account with them... even if they're frozen.

AFAIK Nope. They can pull SP but no HP if you have a full freeze on your report. Fraud alert they can.

I know for sure any new apps whether your a current carholder or not they cant HP without it being lifted. 99% positive they cant on AR's either.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 28
zyzzus
Established Contributor

I'll double check everything tomorrow.  

Looked at exp backdoor and it says i have a freeze and i was billed.  I am about 90% sure i have no inq and an approval.  I'll let ya'll know.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 17 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

I'll double check everything tomorrow.  

Looked at exp backdoor and it says i have a freeze and i was billed.  I am about 90% sure i have no inq and an approval.  I'll let ya'll know.

Cool.. let us know, fingers crossed for ya...

Message 18 of 28
zyzzus
Established Contributor

NO HARD PULL ON EXP.

I am debating now if I should request a CLI as I thought I was going to get a hard pull and didn't get one.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 19 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

NO HARD PULL ON EXP.

I am debating now if I should request a CLI as I thought I was going to get a hard pull and didn't get one.

I would wait a couple of days, sometimes it takes inquiries a while to show up on your report.  I would hate for you to get 2 HPs unkowningly.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.