Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP instant approval.... with a soft pull? LOL

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: CSP instant approval.... with a soft pull? LOL

Probably the voice of reason here that I should listen to.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 21 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Awesoooome! I called my Chase branch the other day and had no preapprovals. The lady on the phone even seemed rude to me about my $5k Freedom being nearly maxxed. She said a 700 FICO is usually grounds for approval. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

I froze my reports the other day.  

While at work making a deposit to my account a cowork told me i had a pre-approval I asked which one and just parking lotted it.

Decided today to bite the bullet and it was instantly approved for 5k which surprised the hell out of me. 

Just backdoored exp which is what was pulled and I see a soft from last month but no hard inq.  Ill update I laughed so hard when she told me I was instantly approved. 

Just as FYI if you already had a Chase account they can HP you even with your CRAs frozen.  that just my experience though, I would check your report just to make sure.

I have a Freedom and my reports are frozen. I tried to apply for a CSP and they told me to unfreeze. I tested a lot of application to make sure and none could pull.

YMMV ?

Message 23 of 28
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

While at work making a deposit to my account a cowork told me i had a pre-approval I asked which one and just parking lotted it.

Decided today to bite the bullet and it was instantly approved for 5k which surprised the hell out of me. 

Just backdoored exp which is what was pulled and I see a soft from last month but no hard inq.  Ill update I laughed so hard when she told me I was instantly approved. 

Just as FYI if you already had a Chase account they can HP you even with your CRAs frozen.  that just my experience though, I would check your report just to make sure.

I have a Freedom and my reports are frozen. I tried to apply for a CSP and they told me to unfreeze. I tested a lot of application to make sure and none could pull.

YMMV ?

I do not believe this is typical and it was probably just a fluke.  I actually work for chase and this is conflicting with all information I know. 

+1 for me.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 24 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

YMMV ?

I do not believe this is typical and it was probably just a fluke.  I actually work for chase and this is conflicting with all information I know. 

+1 for me.

As in you agree that if a report is frozen, you can't get a HP?

Message 25 of 28
hayabusa

@CS800 wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

YMMV ?

+1 for me.

As in you agree that if a report is frozen, you can't get a HP?

You can get a HP regardless if you already have an account with the company, it gives them permissible purpose.

Message 26 of 28
zyzzus
Established Contributor

I assumed that I would receive one and was surprised that I didn't.

Message 27 of 28
nfs_mw
New Contributor

Yup I also seem to concur with zyzzus... Soft Pull for CSP..

But if it is true, that is awesome..Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.