my son has one and has mentioned the free shipping with the store purchases

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 11 of 36
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Cabela's Club VISA Approved

I have this card, opened in 2009. There is a Cabela's within 10 miles of my home. When they were approving alot of people, they were BK friendly, but I am not sure if that is still true. They gave me a 2k limit (which at the time was not bad for me), which eventually I got CLI's to 4k a year or so later (Requested CLI was a TU pull, I believe). I use the card occasionally (they have good deals on boots, outerwear, etc which comes in handy for Michigan winters). Last use was March 2013. Last month, they gave me an auto CLI to 6.5k.

The APR is actually not too bad, 9.99 at Cabela's, and mine has 13.5% everywhere else. The Cabela's bucks you earn (for use in the store) also come in handy (2% at Cabela's, 1% everywhere else) and they have the Bonus Points network (online shopping) where you can get extra bonus points for using your card. They offer free shippings, and other discounts fairly regularly as well.

If you shop at Cabela's, the card is decent. If nothing else, I use bonus points to buy ammo or North Face jackets.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 12 of 36
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I just made a purchase on my card and as suggested I went to view transaction history on the site to obtain last four digits of my card number (Since it has not arrived yet) I called the automated number and bam! IMy CL is 15K !! I was shocked as I thought maybe I;d be lucky to get 6K since I read that was their maximum opening limit (albeit that post was a couple of years old).. Its not my largest limit but I am pleased with the initial limit as it exceeded my expectations for a not so well known bank.   I hope I heard right, anyway my card should arrive either today or the next couple of days so I can confirm.

BTW at time of approval my FICO was around 780 2% utility but many new accoutns and inqs. No baddies.  

Message 13 of 36
bkfriendly
Established Member

^^ nicely done! great cl too Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 36
bkfriendly
Established Member

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I tried what you suggested...no dice. While it let me set up an account, the order history is blank. Is there any other way to find out?

you need to make a purchase 1st, then it will show up in "purchase history" as paid with card ending in **** good luck, its a great card, of course i love cabela's Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 36
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

We swing by this store frequently - and they are reputed to hand out some pretty fat CLs when their approvals.

So I applied online for this beauty...was among the longest click-to-results screens I have ever seen! But nevertheless, APPROVED...and with some decent perks/rewards attached:

- No AF

- 2% back on all Cabela's and Cenex Convenience stores

- 1% back on everything else

- 9.99% APR on Cabela's purchases

- Points never expire and no maximum

The family LOVES the outdoors and can't wait to sink their teeth into this card Smiley Very Happy Unfortunately, when you are approved, you do not receive your account number or CL..those come when the card arrives.

Does anyone else have any feedback on this card?

hi creditcrusader! Congrats on the card...I want one too!!! JUST curious, how long did it take to raise your starting myfico challenge scores to your current ones(by the way...way to go!)?

AUBURN

Message 16 of 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Be careful!!!! Don't carry any balance on the card. They SP your EQ every few months. 

Ron.

Message 17 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

Congrats!!!! Be careful!!!! Don't carry any balance on the card. They SP your EQ every few months. 

Ron.

Good to know Ron - I always PIF so no issue there - what's your usual annual spend on this card (assuming you have this one in your great collection?  I hear $10K is the minumium for Silver Signature level and $25K for the Black Signature level...lol.  Just got approved in-store over the weekend.  Great store!

Message 18 of 36
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

UPDATE:

Just got the card and packet of materials in the mail today...$9,500 CL!!!

Holy smokes...me likey Cabela's! Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 19 of 36
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

UPDATE:

Just got the card and packet of materials in the mail today...$9,500 CL!!!

Holy smokes...me likey Cabela's! Smiley Very Happy

Great!!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.