cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I recon a recon? Approved for Wal Mart Discover, but I didn't like the limit.

tag
TheMarg

Can I recon a recon? Approved for Wal Mart Discover, but I didn't like the limit.

I was approved for a Wal Mart Discover card yesterday. I did the app online, and was approved for a $900 CL. I immediately called Credit Solutions to recon the CL to a high amount. The girl asked me what I wanted, and I said $3000, not wanting to go too high too fast. It took a couple of minutes on hold, then she verified my DOB and address and said it was approved for $3000. I am now wondering if I should have asked for $5000. Is it too late for that? Is it adviseable at this point?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I recon a recon? Approved for Wal Mart Discover, but I didn't like the limit.

Hi!

Honestly, I would wait 4 months before trying to go higher.  3k is a nice limit, congrats!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Can I recon a recon? Approved for Wal Mart Discover, but I didn't like the limit.

Congratulations on your approval and CLI! Can you ask for more, yes. Would I wait and try in 4 statements - yes.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.