Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't even garden a month!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't even garden a month!

So the branch manager I've worked with at my main CU is leaving for a "back office" job. Now at this CU, managers so all their own underwriting. So I asked for a CLI on my PLOC with them. He checks credit, and looks at me and says, "OK, sure. How much do you want?" After a few awkward seconds of pulling my jaw off the floor I asked what the max was? He said he couldn't match my NFCU at $3000, but could do $1200 to take it to $1500 total. Then he said, "Hey, what about a Visa too? COuld you use one of those?" I couldn't help myself. I just couldn't! So, I said how much? He offered a $1500 Visa at 17.99%. I was feeling brazen at this point and said, "Well, oculd we do $5000 so it'll be a signature?" His response, "You've been handling your accounts well the last several months and you've been here a long time, but....ah, what the hell! Sure!" 

So yeah, $1200 CLI on PLOC and $5000 Visa Signature. It's only got 1% cash back BUT 1.99% BT with NO fee for 6 months and with the wedding in 14 days, I've been racking up some charges so HECK YEAH!!!! 

Thank you again MyFico members, I could not have done this without YOU! 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't even garden a month!

Congratulations on your new Visa Signature and PLOC increase!!!!

Message 2 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's awesome what Cu are you u?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Way to think on your feet...lol...good job!!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aduke...I'll PM you.
Message 5 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  I know the feeling with not being able to stay in the garden.  I'm not even touching the "0 days since" in my signature, but I've been good since my BOA CLI the other day.  So, think your friend could get me a $200k line with 0% BTs and a $200k line that earns 3 SPG points per dollar?  I'd be willing to close all of my other cards.  Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHAHAHA! Ik right? Me too! I'm not sure where they cap cards at, but if you have the scores it might be worth a try!
Message 7 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, b careful K, u might just end up Boa'd with logic like thatSmiley Wink

Very nice OpSmiley Happy Looks like you got a little Bruce Almighty mojo working mixed with a little Yes Man ! MagicSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i hope to know the Cu as well if you dont mind

Message 9 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Way to go calebonline in catching your breath, picking your jaw up off the floor, and going for the jugular. 😂 Congrats on your haul. It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.