Did you mean: 

Can't even get a pre approval match

tag
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't even get a pre approval match

@Oslo wrote:

Update-

I was approved for a Green Amex (no CL info), Chase Slate ($1000), and deferred for a Discover IT.   No more apps for at least 6 months.

thanks for the encouragement!

You may already know this  but the Green Amex is a charge card, meaning that you have to pay it in full every month. You can not carry a balance on it.

Congratulations on your approvals!

Later on if you want to apply for another Amex, (BCE etc) it will be a SP if denied and a HP if approved!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 21 of 29
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

See it does happen without the prequalifications.   

I think I would have tried for a different Amex, maybe you can PC it?  The BCE is a great card!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 22 of 29
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the recent approvals, good luck with Discover,

see ya in the gardenSmiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 23 of 29
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

I never get results from the pre-approval check pages either but I still get approvals. It doesn't mean you won't be approved if nothing comes up. 

Do the research, see if the card is a fit for you and will work for you AND if you're a fit for the card/issuer. 

There was one I got a 30 day message on and looked up the status check 15 minutes later and it turned to approved, on a weekend. Felt much more like an instant approval. Smiley Happy 

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feel your pain. App'd for several cards since 2011 but could not get pre-approvals online. Did finally receive a few in the mail. Go figure?
Message 25 of 29
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Oslo wrote:

Update-

I was approved for a Green Amex (no CL info), Chase Slate ($1000), and deferred for a Discover IT.   No more apps for at least 6 months.

thanks for the encouragement!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 26 of 29
hajew86
New Contributor

@Oslo wrote:

Disc was "still processing.  You'll have an answer in 7-10 days" or something to that effect.

I'm honestly so surprised I was approved for the Slate and Amex I don't even care.  I may call the recon number tomorrow if the app is stil processing.

You should definitely recon the Dis It card. Your chances should be pretty high to be approved with a good CL. 

Message 27 of 29
Oslo
Valued Member

@hajew86 wrote:

@Oslo wrote:

Disc was "still processing.  You'll have an answer in 7-10 days" or something to that effect.

I'm honestly so surprised I was approved for the Slate and Amex I don't even care.  I may call the recon number tomorrow if the app is stil processing.

You should definitely recon the Dis It card. Your chances should be pretty high to be approved with a good CL. 

According to most of the other testimonials about the 5-7 window I thought the same but was wrong.  Rep told me I could only qualify with a coapplicant.  Rep also didn't sound like he know his a$$ from his elbow either.  He kept stammering and asking me the same questions over and over again.  When I called back to speak with another rep, they told me the application had already been denied and that I'd have to reapply!

I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that the only two cards I had reporting at the time were subpar and had limits under $500.  Ive heard that this usually doesn't effect computer generated (instant) approvals, but does when a person is involved.

I'll just wait it out and let my two new cards report for around 6 months, then reapply.

| Amex Green | Dicover It | Citi Simplicity | Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Slate | Banana Republic Visa | JCrew |

| EQ 694 | TU 701 | EX 706 | Updated 02/04/2015
Message 28 of 29
alvon123
Super Contributor

@Oslo wrote:

You guys are beyond awesome.

Just got approved for Chase Slate with a $1000 CL.

I am totally stoked!

congrats

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.