Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 CLI Denial - update, approved!

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 CLI Denial - update, approved!

This is the first time that I've requested a CLI via the Luv Button on their website and was denied. The letter that was sent to my account mailbox said -

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One ® account. Unfortunately, your account isn't eligible right now. We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and we want to help you understand why:

Based on your credit lines with Capital One, your credit score isn't high enough for an increase. See the back of this letter for more details.

In case you need a little more clarity, we've included some additional information on a separate page. You'll see FAQs, common reasons that requests for credit line increases are declined, and useful suggestions on what you can do next.

696 Date: 2014-10-28 Source: Equifax Information Services

This is an EQ 04 score. I'd be surprised if it was from yesterday because I received my EQ 04 score from DCU yesterday and it was a 701. 696 was from the end of October until very recent. It's only 5 points so I don't think that's their cutoff for an increase. I've received other increases from them with scores in this range. 

Do you think this is just a standard reply for the denial? I'm planning on giving them a call on Monday.  I've had CLIs go through on their site and other's came from calling their EO. The account that I'm trying to increase currently has a $4500. limit. My other Cap 1 has a $6k limit. Highest CL is one of my Barclay cards. That's 8k. Total utilization is less than 1% of my combined available credit. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 CLI Denial - what do you think?

Contact their EO.

My DW never gets CLI from them but she gets it when she contacts EO. 

Message 2 of 13
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

With those scores you should get a CLI through the EO. Good luck!

Message 3 of 13
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I'll be calling tomorrow. 

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4 of 13
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I called Monday and requested a jump to $7k from $4500. I was going to request $6k to match my other card then remembered people here saying that it doesn't hurt to aim high. Just logged in and saw that my limit is now $6k.  I'm happy with that! 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats,,Got alot nicer bump then I got.. They pull scores from 3-4 months old for me so they just dont have to give a CLI Smiley Sad

Also I thought they pulled EQ08, how do you know they pulled EQ04 if you dont mind sharing?  Thanks

Message 6 of 13
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

They're still pulling old scores? Jeez! I stopped using that button back in October after I noticed they pulled a July CR. Smiley Frustrated

Anyway...Congratulations OP!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I called Monday and requested a jump to $7k from $4500. I was going to request $6k to match my other card then remembered people here saying that it doesn't hurt to aim high. Just logged in and saw that my limit is now $6k.  I'm happy with that! 

Congrats!

Message 8 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.  

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 CLI Denial - update, approved!

Great recon and shooting high ... congrats!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.