Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 secured oddity.

tag
TFD2HOUSE
Established Member

Cap 1 secured oddity.

Maybe two years ago, I applied for the cap 1 secured MasterCard and was approved for the $200/49 deal. I was under the assumption that this limited was locked, it would only increase with additional deposits, but I would never see an unsecured increase. CS said they use to do a $100 unsecured cli at six months but they no longer do that. Well at six months I got a $100 cli. I didn't question it. Since then I acquired a Wal-Mart cc($400-now $550), Barclaycard rewards MasterCard($500), and discover it ($1500). I just logged into my cap 1 account and it shows a $450 cli for a total cl of $750. As I said I've only deposited the original $49. I guess I just won't question this one either. So Barclaycard, once my highest limited on this long rebuild journey, is now my lowest. I'm on my seventh statement and they refuse to budge. Even picky discover, before my third statement cut, lowered my apr by 4%.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 secured oddity.

Congrats CAP1 has been giving CLI's on secured for about a week now 

Policy change and a good one it seems 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 5
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Congrats not a bad deal for a 49 dollar secured card
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@TFD2HOUSE wrote:
Maybe two years ago, I applied for the cap 1 secured MasterCard and was approved for the $200/49 deal. I was under the assumption that this limited was locked, it would only increase with additional deposits, but I would never see an unsecured increase. CS said they use to do a $100 unsecured cli at six months but they no longer do that. Well at six months I got a $100 cli. I didn't question it. Since then I acquired a Wal-Mart cc($400-now $550), Barclaycard rewards MasterCard($500), and discover it ($1500). I just logged into my cap 1 account and it shows a $450 cli for a total cl of $750. As I said I've only deposited the original $49. I guess I just won't question this one either. So Barclaycard, once my highest limited on this long rebuild journey, is now my lowest. I'm on my seventh statement and they refuse to budge. Even picky discover, before my third statement cut, lowered my apr by 4%.

Nice, congrats on the CLI Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.