Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI and more

tag
northface28
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One CLI and more

@BluePoodle wrote:

Thought I would update you...I did receive a call today from Cap1 and I am also being upgraded to the WMC!  I went through FB, PMing which is weird to me. But I followed up with them today and they called within 30 minutes and said I would be receiving the WMC.

Congrats to you and thanks for sharing your experience!

Now I am confused, I used their (Capital One) chat feature and to say they were useless would be giving them too much credit. The "rep" was incredibly adept at answering questions I did not ask. Anyhow, this "rep" said they no longer offer the World Master Card, after much back and forth I just left the chat. I then emailed the EO to get to the bottom of this. Hopefully they respond back and I can get upgraded to WMC as well. Also, are there any spending requirements for having a WMC? What are the benefits?

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 21 of 27
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

Thought I would update you...I did receive a call today from Cap1 and I am also being upgraded to the WMC!  I went through FB, PMing which is weird to me. But I followed up with them today and they called within 30 minutes and said I would be receiving the WMC.

Now I am confused, I used their (Capital One) chat feature and to say they were useless would be giving them too much credit. The "rep" was incredibly adept at answering questions I did not ask. Anyhow, this "rep" said they no longer offer the World Master Card, after much back and forth I just left the chat. I then emailed the EO to get to the bottom of this. Hopefully they respond back and I can get upgraded to WMC as well. Also, are there any spending requirements for having a WMC? What are the benefits?

I hope this helps. Cap1 also gets more in swiping fees so not really giving from the heart.

https://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/aboutourcards/credit/world_card_benefits.html

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 22 of 27
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the credit line increase! My credit steps just kicked in for 1k credit line increase but I am hoping for more. I messaged cap one thru fb and sent the eo an email lol maybe I will get lucky!
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 23 of 27
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

The front line reps and the chat feature are pretty useless.

The requirement for a WMC with Capital One is that your credit limit has to be 5k. Other than that, they don't seem to have any other requirements that I am aware of. I think that they only offer the WEMC on their GM card, but they have signature and world upgrades available on their other products. Cold linked the benefits to having the WMC. Glad you emailed the EO. I hope it works out for you!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 24 of 27
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

Any more luck with these EO upgrade emails? Any good news on the WMC?

Gardening spree went on hiatus but I think it paid off. Now back at it!
Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Latest that I know of: EX- 671, EQ- 653 TU- 648
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Goals by end of January: Amex TE Costco, Amex BCE
Can it be done? It wasn't done by end of Jan, but it's still coming
Message 25 of 27
Kimo1983

I am sorry what Is the EO?

Message 26 of 27
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Kimo1983 wrote:

I am sorry what Is the EO?

Please use this information for Capital One's Executive Office

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.