Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI results in heart attack

tag
slund5499
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One CLI results in heart attack

I think the EO route did work. Although the messages with EO on facebook said they would be calling...I was not able to find a missed call.

Additionally, I do not know which email to CEO made this happen....The first pleading and stating my issues with no CLI in 4 years.....or the 2nd where I just told them I was unhappy and would be transferring my business to Chase.

Either way and no matter what process worked....I did accomplish my goal.

For me a $1500 CLI is substantial based on utilization, credit/debty exposure and risk and a thin file with FP charge off.

AAoA will take a hit for the next 6 months or so, but all in all I was able to basically double my credit ine with app spree and CLI.

I am satisfied for the next 6 months.......

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 11 of 20
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic Job, congrats on your CLI

Message 13 of 20
kade6767
Contributor

Congrats! I've been going back and forth with them too. I called EO because I got a document asking to send in all kinds of verification of income. While I don't have a problem with that, I was about to head out of town and wasn't at home to access what they wanted faxed. I would only send that info from home. But the woman did take some info and said she would try to get a CLI without sending the info. I'm still waiting, lol...

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just logged into one of my two pathetic Capital One cards a few minutes ago and sweet baby Jesus Christmas came early! :good: 

I got my second ever auto CLI from Capital One in a DECADE from $750 to $1,750 with a 666 CapOne TU score. The only other time my two CapOne cards (this card actually) got a auto CLI was when CapOne bought out last year (or was it this year?) HSBC's CC portfolio in the USA and I went from $500 to $750 when they converted my HSBC card into another CapOne card.

Would I be wise or unwise to press my luck and probably give up a nasty hard pull (no idea who CapOne pulls in Texas?) to see if they'll match my CL of $1,750 with my other CapOne card since my other CapOne card has only a $400 CL! (saddest thing ever typed)  

Also I have only 1 inquiry on TU and none EX or EQ and a zero balance on the $400 CL CapOne card, obviously since if I buy a freaking Snickers I basically max it out! :angry: 

Message 15 of 20
slund5499
Established Contributor

Persistence pays off more than not. Keep hitting the luv button online, get a FB chat dialogue going and email the EO.

Don't give up. HIt that luv button 2-3 times a week. Follow up with the FB chat and wait to see what happens after you email the EO.

I would hold off on applying and call to see about an PC or upgrade to a prime card.

You might even try Barclay's as they mostly pull TU. Recon any denial and let them know you are trying to correct the negative items and be sincere. YOu may get lucky with Barclays. If you do try another cap one app....go for the journey and they should put you in the credit step program with a 50% CLI in 5 months.

Good luck and keep up the pressure.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

**Update**

I didn't chicken out and got on with a CRS on CapitalOne.com chat 20 minutes ago and he verified that I was eligible to attempt a CLI online on my other CapOne card with the pathetic $400 CL.  Thinking I would be denied, since my FAKO EQ score is awful.

And results shown here ===> https://www.dropbox.com/s/48jfxb6s7uic8n6/screen_2014-12-19%2021.54.57.jpg?dl=0

WOW! OMG! First CLI in A DECADE/NEVER HAD A CLI with this CapOne card and just got a $3,000 CLI on the LUV button!!! :yu: 

TU Capital One score was 666! The Triple Diablo Score!  

It's my Capital One Christmas and Birthday all wrapped in one today! Smiley Very Happy Heart

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 18 of 20
slund5499
Established Contributor

Condradulations.....

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it looks like I'm in CapOne's once a decade CLI club! But damn if I ever signed up for that membership. Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.